• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 rolled cherokee death trap

Status
Not open for further replies.

flinchy

NAXJA Forum User
recently i rolled my 96 jeep cherokee. it still runs great so i am planning to build it up as a buggy. currently i have the roof cut off, and doors off. i also removed the carpet. i will post pictures soon. i am posting this thread to get information and ideas from other jeep fans about what i should do

any ideas comments and information is very welcome

Re: 96 rolled cherokee build up

Here is someones idea that I plan on following with another XJ soon. Nice trimming of the body. Particularly the rear. Lots of upgrades.
Boatside_Profile.jpg

i like it i have many options because i dont have a roof, or any pillers, and im never going to be able to fit the original doors back on. i would like to build boat sides but im unsure how that affects the floor board in the drivers area. does anyone have any information on how that affects that?

thanks

caleb

im still trying to get pics of it up as it is coming along quite nicely

Last edited:

you have to be a paid member to post pics directly. otherwise you have to upload to an image hosting site (photobucket, tinypic, etc.) and post the link

I must say, I believe you own the ugliest xj I have ever seen!

This --
0916001831.jpg

needs to do this-
0910002142b.jpg

hey atleast hes not just sending it to the crusher..

hes going to send himself and any other passengers to the crusher...

pipe or not, i would NOT trust that. from the other pics, it already looks as if the unibody is starting to warp.

WOAH I didn't even realize that those two hoops weren't tied together... other than something else to hit your head on, those serve no purpose

those hoops need lots of X's to be effective, as well as tied into the unibody better.

This thing has alot of potential but as mentioned you will need to install a well engineered cage system to not only protect the occupants but also to restore the lost rigidity that the body used to provide. You will need to tie it into the frame rails at the A,B, and C pillars and I would recommend running a tube through the firewall on each side and build an engine cage as well to support the front end. Good luck, that should be alot of fun to build.

we put cross bars on it so they are hooked together as for the bars yeah they are pipe get over it keep it to yourself i posted this to get ideas not to get bashed on for the materials i am using or the condition it is currently in. its very safe i have a 4 point harness. i rolled it one and a half times it was upside down for over three hours. i pulled the ignition wire cranked it and plugged it back in it fired right up. plus the thing only has 150000 miles on it. stop posting pics of bon fires how could you want someone to do that to a cherokee isnt that where the toyotas belong? arent we all here for a common purpose? if you have a problem with my thread dont read it. other wise enjoy cause me and my buddies are having a great time building it up and creating a new thing out of an unfortunate accident

to those of you with positive responses THANK YOU we have thought about these things. we have limited time as we are in college. we work on it quite a bit i am trying to post as many pics as possible as things get done we are very mindful of safety concerns and always take them into account thanks for all the positive feed back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back