• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power antenna

greenday9d1

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '92 XJ with a power antenna that sounds like it's on it's last legs. I'd rather have it stuck in the up position, and i dont really mind it being up all the time anyway. Is there a simple way to disable the motor? Maybe a fuse i could pull?

If I remember right, you can do this behind the kick-pannel on the passenger's side. Remove the pannel and you will find two wires leading to the antenna - one is the coax(signal) wire, and one is the power cord. Disconnect the power cord at the quick-disconnect and that's it. Oh - make sure you disconnect the cord when the antenna is in the UP position so that it stays up all the time.

On my 88, the connector for the power leads is up under the lower pash panel on the passenger side, connected to a relay. I had to take out some of the screws holding the lower dash panel to pull it out some, then I was able to reach my hand up there to pull it apart. I didn't have to touch the kick panel at all.

Chris

On mine I just pulled the fuse. The motor would drive all the time but the antenna wouldn't move. With a new antenna being $175 at the dealer.... not moving is just fine!! Just to the left of the brake pedal on the firewall you'll find the fuse block. Mine was the second fuse up toward the right side labeled "ANT 10" right next to the fuse. Pulling it will affect only the antenna motor.

Rob D

Back