• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Beam Dash Light with Low Beams...backfeed

EMSJEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Branching from my stalling thread, I appear to have a grounding issue within the headlight circuit. I believe it is the left (D/S) low beam backfeeding into the high beams and illuminating, dimly, the dash indicator. That headlight also appears very very slightly dimmer.

I had to replace the connector behind that bulb due to a fracture of the plastic that resulted in a very dim low beam (slight brown glow), the backfeed started here and has persisted.

The ground for the headlights is on the left side of the engine bay, it was pulled, cleand and reattached without a change.

I also attempted to independently ground this headlight directly to the battery, but that did not work...new bulbs are on order, however, switching the two bulbs currently in service did not work. Utilizing only one of the two bulbs and leaving the other socket empty made the dash light illuminate brighter while low beams were selected.

Disconnect the battery and measure the ohms of the wires in the circuit.

Back