• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HID H4 plug and play??

Fastdemise

NAXJA Forum User
I found a HID kit that just plugs into the stock H4 plug. Was wondering if anyone has found a kit like this one cuz I have already done the headlight harness upgrade and this would allow for redundancy if the HID somehows poops out on me I can still use factory bulbs. :) Thanks for any helpful tips.

HID H4 8000K

oops was wanding if anyone has found a kit like this one but is 6k or lower???

Last edited:
I just fitted some hi lo hids in mine. It was plug and play. no hacking wires. The kit i got only takes power from 1 side so the other is just left unplugged. I cant see the relay mod causing any problems as the hids take there power direct from the battery.

Don't put a HID bulb into a standard H4 housing. Google all the info you need for reasons why it's a bad idea.

of course thousand dollar projector setups are better than a $160 setup...

but XXXX the haters, i like my h4 HID's, go ahead: flash me. i'll flash you back.

Don't go over 5000k on the Bulbs, 8000K is almost Ricer territory. I have 5000k and will be dropping down to 4500k bulbs. They aren't perfect but they are better than the crappy Halogens I had before. Those coupled with my Lightforce 170's make for a nice setup.

HIDs bright enough to justify the cash?

i have the IPF housings with Fatboy bulbs now,

I have $140 wrapped up in my Hi/lo HID kit, housings and HD harness. I am willing to bet that they cost less than your setup did brand new.

Ya. I know it's pricey new. I got the housings, bulbs, and harness upgrade as payment for work I did on a jeep. So technically free lol.

In town, my lowbeams are too bright and I get flashed a LOT( yes they are adjusted right).
But when I'm on roads or in mountains at night I feel like I still don't have enough light. Didn't know if the HID swap would better suit my needs

Ya. I know it's pricey new. I got the housings, bulbs, and harness upgrade as payment for work I did on a jeep. So technically free lol.

In town, my lowbeams are too bright and I get flashed a LOT( yes they are adjusted right).
But when I'm on roads or in mountains at night I feel like I still don't have enough light. Didn't know if the HID swap would better suit my needs
I get flashed a couple times a week myself mine are also adjusted properly but I may lower them just a tad and see if that helps. Most the time the people who flash me have HID's. :dunno:

Ya I've had a few incidents of people in front of me slowing down just to get behind me and flash me. Then are stupid enough to get back in front of me, and I proceed to actually turn on the high beams.

Wonder if I just need to settle on some auxiliary lights. (just don't wanna look like every other tool on the road with lights everywhere)

I bought a brand new pair of Cibie headlights w/Osaram 55/60w bulbs for $110 to my door off ebay.
Cut off is great and when I upgrade the wiring harness I can put in higher wattage bulbs.

011.jpg

1 Cibie one sealed beam, you tell which is wich???

013.jpg

I have 5-90's 5 main wire upgrade also, made my sealed beams noticibly brigter.

Get ready for a flame!

I did the ddm tuning 35watt hi/lo h4 kit in some ebay housings. I really like the lighting I have for how much I spent. I can see a lot better so it is safer for me and I never get flashed so it is not annoying other drivers.

If you have the cash to sling on some expensive lighting then do it. If you are low on funds and want the hid look then get the ddm kit and some h4 housings. Ddm has a lifetime warranty so thats good too.

Ya I've had a few incidents of people in front of me slowing down just to get behind me and flash me. Then are stupid enough to get back in front of me, and I proceed to actually turn on the high beams.

Wonder if I just need to settle on some auxiliary lights. (just don't wanna look like every other tool on the road with lights everywhere)

Haven't had that happen but The switch for the lightforces is close by! Nothing like having 700,000 combined candlepower on tap! :D
Get ready for a flame!

I did the ddm tuning 35watt hi/lo h4 kit in some ebay housings. I really like the lighting I have for how much I spent. I can see a lot better so it is safer for me and I never get flashed so it is not annoying other drivers.

If you have the cash to sling on some expensive lighting then do it. If you are low on funds and want the hid look then get the ddm kit and some h4 housings. Ddm has a lifetime warranty so thats good too.

This is what I did, but I went with the 55w. Better have small hands though it gets a little tight when connecting all the connections to the ballasts!

I bought a brand new pair of Cibie headlights w/Osaram 55/60w bulbs for $110 to my door off ebay.
Cut off is great and when I upgrade the wiring harness I can put in higher wattage bulbs.

011.jpg

1 Cibie one sealed beam, you tell which is wich???

013.jpg

I have 5-90's 5 main wire upgrade also, made my sealed beams noticibly brigter.

I have been putting this off for far too long, I need to get a set of his cables!

I'm just looking for a kit that I can plug into the H4 plug and lets me pick a buld lower than 6k. I've upgraded my engine wiring and headlight harness so I just want something that'll tkae power from the headlight plug and simplify instillation. any kits y'all can point me towards??

Oh, I have the E-Code Hellas installed with Phillips +80 Xtreme bulbs. I like em but more light is always better.

With IPF E-code housings you shouldn't get flashed, because you're sending less light upward than DOT housings!

Aiming your headlights definately the issue. Follow procedure below before you get any deeper into it.

I've covered how I aim mine before, but it's been a while (caveat - I've not been bothered by CHP for lights, nor do I get flashed by oncoming traffic. I figure I'm doing something right...)

Pick a spot that's going to be level for about fifty feet, and have a wall at the end. You're going to park with your headlamps about thirty feet from the wall, and you need to be able to mark the wall somehow (masking tape is usually convenient for this) without any trouble.

Measure from the ground line to the vertical centre of the headlamp, and transfer that measurement to the wall (crosswise strip of tape.) Measure the distance between the horizontal centres of the headlamps, and transfer that measurement to the wall (two vertical strips of tape) so that they're directly in front of the headlamp housings.

Aim the driver's side headlamp so that the horizontal cutoff of the beam is just below the horizontal centreline (on dip - low - beam) and the main body of the beam is just to the right of the vertical centreline (dip beam again.)

Aim the passenger side headlamp so that the horizontal cutoff is on the horizontal centreline, and the main body of the beam is on the vertical centreline.

When you switch to full (high) beam, you should note that your driver's side beam will be somewhat higher - but still aimed just a touch to the right - while the passenger side should be just about straight ahead.

I know that most people will tell you they should be aimed dead forward, but I've noted that people with "properly aimed" headlamps give me headaches when driving at night. Aiming the driver's side headlamp slightly downward and inward helps to prevent this - since it's usually caused by oncoming traffic. This keeps the near headlamp out of the eyes of oncoming traffic, and that little extra effort is noticed.

I run E-codes with 90W/130W Super White bulbs, and I haven't had any trouble after aiming them this way. Aiming both "dead forward" has gotten me flashed plenty of times, so I came up with this modified method.

I'm just looking for a kit that I can plug into the H4 plug and lets me pick a buld lower than 6k. I've upgraded my engine wiring and headlight harness so I just want something that'll tkae power from the headlight plug and simplify instillation. any kits y'all can point me towards??

Oh, I have the E-Code Hellas installed with Phillips +80 Xtreme bulbs. I like em but more light is always better.

DDMtuning has them.

Thanks FlexdXJ for the tip. Just purchased them and once I'm not in the middle of the ocean (NAVY) I'll let you know how they work out for me. If I remember I'll even get before and after shots of how it turned out.
Thanks everyone for your help.

FlexdXJ I just got back and installed the kit without any trouble it plugged right in like it was supposed to. I opted for the Slim kit, 35W, 5k bulb. I have to say it's working out really well. I just need to readjust the headlights. But wow are the ballasts small, a deck of cards so it's real easy to place it somewheres. I give the kit 2 thumbs up in ease, price, and it's small size.

Now I just need to figure out a cool way when I select high beams to power my driving lights mounted on my bumper without losing power to low beams which my hids pull power from and also ensure my fog lights still power on and off with high beams to stay legal and sorts.

Back