• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

newbie here...

a7273chargerguy

NAXJA Forum User
hey whats up,I have a 95 xj and a 72 charger.the charger is junk but has a suregrip 8 3/4 rear end. If i was to get a wild hair and want to use that rear in my jeep,what would i have to do and what front end would i have to use?Also,if anyone has ever done this could you post pics?would an 8 3/4 be comparible in strength to a ford 9 or a dana 60?thanx in advance.

Dont waste a super high buck and desirable to mopar guys 83/4 for an a body!

With the amount of needed fab you are better off going a different direction. Sell the 8 3/4 to a mopar guy, and then get yourself a 44, 8.8 or 9 inch.

Parts are cheaper and more available to boot.

Brad

The fact that your trying to salvage parts off of a charger is just retarded! that charger should be keept as compleet as posible. you have no idea what people would do to get a charger in any condition in california. anyways ive got an 8.8lsd with discs that im swaping in. wayyyyy cheaper than geting a d44 and just as good. however there are a lot of people on here that get very but hurt about what axle to swap in so just do what you can aford. the 8.8 i payed $180 bucks for where as a d44 will run you about $400-$600 and you still dont get disks with it. as for the front, the d35 is fine. i know plenty of people who run 35s with lockers and no porblems. My 2 cents.

jpcherokeekid said:
as for the front, the d35 is fine. i know plenty of people who run 35s with lockers and no porblems. My 2 cents.

D30....

yeah thanks for the correction ZacSquatch, the d30 for the front is fine.

Back