• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project lighting: that doesn't suck.

DanMan2k06

NAXJA Forum User
Not gonna give you guys too many details yet as I'm still gathering parts, but I will shell out a teaser for now. I'll also say that I think GhostDakota and Urban Yan will be subscribing shortyly lol...

It involves a few of these (LS430 single xenon)
IMG_8878.jpg

And a little of this
IMG_8883.jpg

And hopefully in the end I'll have something like this...
DSC_0066.jpg

More updates to come soon...

And hopefully in the end I'll have something like this...
DSC_0066.jpg

More updates to come soon...

im callin bs :D

can't wait to see if you can push that much light out

Yea I don't the exact details of the car with the sun-headlights. But I'd guess they're bi-xenon ls430 projectors, probably a 50w ballast/bulb upgrade, and some really good positioning.

Snapped a few more pics tonight. It's amazing how ridiculously bright these things really are. I messed around with the cutoff shield to see how it affected the color right above the cutoff line. Before it was kind of "hot" right in the center. I put a washer in between the shield and lense, scooting it back about a 16th of an inch. Seemed to put a nice blue hue on it and cool down the hot spot.

Here you can really see the blue in the cutoff
IMG_8906.jpg

They throw the light extremely even on the ground in front. no washing out or hot spots.
IMG_8902.jpg

And here's the infamous wall shot. About 50ft+ back, no shrouds of any sort so there's glare on the ground and in the sky out the yinyang.
IMG_8907.jpg

And here are my stock headlights. Same location and exposure as the above wall shot. No wiring upgrades, stock 200mm wagner sealed housing bulbs. Craptastic.
IMG_8909.jpg

Stay tuned...

Edit: Forgot to mention, all these pictures only include one projector. 2 projectors = twice the light :)

Back