• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Well selling the Excursion but getting a Harley To tow with :-)

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
2778847_6f981cb1-3d17-4e92-a54f-878fd4c5b9e61.jpg

2778847_2b2dbcec-bf8b-4456-a4f9-68992c7cd43c1.jpg

2778847_768544fe-9652-4a6d-9070-256b3b1fbf521.jpg

2778847_8bfe8039-5bcd-4a4c-9d54-88a27ce4e2f21.jpg

Or at least I sure the hell am trying to. I need a few thousand more $$ but think I got it figured out. I am excited to say the least.

2007 F250 4x4 harley davidson crew cab diesel (6.0) with 87000 miles & every option you can put on a truck. Blue on black. dont know if the short bed is a perk or not. I know a rhino will fit in it still but a LB would be a bit better. Daily driver and for around town, the short bed sure will help.

Love that combo....way better than an excursion in my opinion. Good luck with the purchase. If it falls through, I have a friend in san diego with a similar truck that's lifted that he is trying to get rid of for about 16K.

Last edited:
Love that combo....way better than an excursion in my opinion. Good luck with the purchase. If it falls through, I have a friend in san diego with a similar truck that's lifted that he is trying to get rid of for about 16K.

How "similar"?? Harley? F250? Yr? miles?

i wouldnt recommend that 6.0....its known as a very problematic engine.

A few of our chapter members run the 6.0 and have nothing but great things to say about it. The mythical head problems never seem to actually happen, driveability is way better than the 7.3, and the torqueshift trans totally rocks.

in the 07 its significantly less, significantly... Not to mention I can get a 200k platnium warranty on it from ford. you hear of very very few of the head gasket or EGR issues on 07 and newer.

quoted from wikipedia

"There were many running changes to the engine and in the 2006 year model the 6.0 had the lowest rate of warranty claims across the board for Ford Motor Company when compared to all of Ford's gas and diesel engines"

this would follow through for 2007 6.0 models. in 2007 it was a mid year change over to the 6.4. so most consider the 07 to be a 6.4, but there were also 6.0's...

03 lariat FX4..... 6 inch lift, blue, 100 k mil 4 door, 315 tires, first year of the 6.0

I can post pics this afternoon when I get home. Awesome truck though. Even has a 50 hp tune on it.

now thats the one to stay away from lol. tuner on the early 6.0 makes me nervous. really though I would Never touch a programmed 6.0 that has more then like 50K or more then 4 yrs old. you cant get a ext warranty and just dont like the risk...

i wouldnt recommend that 6.0....its known as a very problematic engine.
My parents have nothing but good luck with their 04 F250 6.0L

He has exhaust and a chip on it. Also has a 4wd style pop up cabover camper on it. I think it has around 70k miles on it. All miles are long trips or 4x4ing.

It did have a turbo recall early on but nothing has ever failed on it.

guess i never heard of the 07s having less problems. i just remember when blown head gaskets and bad egr coolers were common. i'd just skip the whole Ford deal and go with a reliable dodge cummins. but thats just me

I would too, but the back seat is SMALL in the 4dr unless you spend the extra 10-20K on a newer one with the mega cab. not to mention the dodge truck itself falls apart, but the engine last... lol

now thats the one to stay away from lol. tuner on the early 6.0 makes me nervous. really though I would Never touch a programmed 6.0 that has more then like 50K or more then 4 yrs old. you cant get a ext warranty and just dont like the risk...

Here are the pics. Never had any problems with the truck. The tune is a mild Superchips tune and was installed for helping to pull those bigger trailers up hill at 70. Factory tune is available.

It's a quality truck for a good price that has been taken care of. Tires are newer (roughly 80% tread life left on them) and it rides very smooth for the type of vehicle that it is.

Just trying to help one of my friends and fellow co-workers out.

GMC 2500/3500 FTW scrap the ford idea :) the Harley is nice looking but it just looks too soccer mom for me + the flames on the door = soccer dad ;) I'm sure you will be happy with anything you get seeing that it won't stay stock for long..

Another vote against the 6.0. Nice looking truck, but the mileage sucks as well as the other mentioned problems.

Customer of mine has an 07 6.0 in a van (plumber) gets 9mpg. With his older ford van (identical setup with a 7.3) he got 14mpg

Needless to say he is very pissed he traded in on a new one.

Back