• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AC problems 99xj

xjon

NAXJA Forum User
After engine swapped with rebuilt unit, I had the AC compressor changed and serviced. That was a month ago. I think the AC has been fine until yesterday. The AC just felt weak. This was one of the few times that I actually had the AC on full blast and it still didnt feel that cold. I normally would have the AC on the third setting and that would only be for a short time before I would have to turn it down because it would be so cold. I tried recirculating air and also the normal AC. The temp outside was a mere 75*. When the temp dropped to 69 I turned off the AC and just had the vent blowing and it was warm air comming out.

What could be my problem? Where should I start looking?

Thanks in advance.

You should start at the shop that serviced your a/c. Anything you or anyone else does will simply give them an "out" if they didn't do something right.

Yeah, it sounds like it has a leak and maybe it finally bled off enough not kick on. I'd have them leak check it by hooking nitrogen up to it, that is by far the best way to leak check an a/c system.

Back