• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HP?

xj_chef

NAXJA Forum User
Hi ya'll i'm new here but i have a 93 xj. it runs flawlessly, dynomax catback, no cat k&n filter in stock box pulled out air silencer in tube. taylor wires, ngk plugs, accel coil.
what else can i do for HP& gas milage on street?
I'm looking for used parts and junkyard intakes (budget)
this is my DD and hurricane evac vehicle so i need it to be capable/reliable.
thanks all.

your prolly not gonna get any answers except flaming for no cat.....

Don't pay any attention to the HTTs.

What's important is if you are a chef in N'awlins, you need to put the name of your shop in your bio so we can get some good food the next time we are over your way.

Lot's of threads on gas mileage and performance and what you will pretty much find is that there's not a whole lot other than basics that you can do to affect either on a budget (or probably not on a budget for that matter). My stock '93/4.0/Auto gets around 20mpg on my occasional trip out I10 -- if you get less, you could play with it some.

Welcome to NAXJA.

Header w/ downpipe(or knock the crimp out of the old one), 99+ intake manifold, 63mm tb, JET 2 chip(my old 94 really liked it; my 96, maybe half the difference), regear.

Oops.... I missed that when I read it the first time.

xj_chef, welcome to the site..... you might want to peruse the stickies at the top of the forums, a lot of potential questions you have will probably be answered there.

However, in regards to the no cat issue. That's a violation of federal regulations. In short, that is *NOT* something that NAXJA condones.

As far as performance goes, I'd run Champion truck plugs and the stock ignition. Too many folks around here have had problems with aftermarket ignitions and plugs. Mopar Performance cap, rotor & wires, they're cheaper at the dealer than the OEM part numbers.

Gas mileage? Drive like you've got an raw egg under your right foot.

Back