• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Too big???

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
I am wanting to put on the RE 3.5 super flex kit and am wondering if I could fit 265/75/16's without any trimming?? That size tire measure out to 31.6x10.4x16...what do you guys think?? Thanks

Mike

31's with 3.5" lift... yes most definitely.
I have 3" and have no prob with 31's... granted I did trim after for future bigger tires.
they will fit just fine, you want to get LCA's if they don't come with the lift depending your backspacing they may rub a bit if they are 10" wide or more.

Thanks beakie, thats exactly what I wanted to hear.

Mike

I say they will rub,they did on mine till I went to 4.5",heres mine at 4.5".
bump12.jpg

RCP Phx said:
I say they will rub,they did on mine till I went to 4.5",heres mine at 4.5".
bump12.jpg

Interesting shackle mounts...

You will rub some with 31 on 3.5 inches. YOu will rub on the control arms if you are runnig stock wheels and you may hit some on the front bumperetes at full stuff

the wheels I will have are 16x8 with 4.5 backspacing, I think.

I have them on a 4 inch and I deff get rubbage.... Mine measured 32.2...

well its wierd how dif each lift tire combo is ai guess.
I have Rusty's 3" lift and 31" BFG AT's and I didn't get
any rubbing at all, of course my rims are 3.75bs and I got LCA's with my lift.
sorry to give you somewhat flase info, just gave ya what I experienced, thats the beauty of this place, so much info from so many people your gonna find out exactly what ya need to know.

I have a BDS 3" ,31" MTR's on Crager wheels with 4.75" BS and I get no rub.

Im not going to be doin any rock crawling or crazy wheelin.....I live in the middle of the desert so I will be mainly cruizin around the desert going rock hounding and such.....I think I will be ok with that combo...

Just goes to show I have a stock 99XJ,D30/chr8.25w/29spline frnt and rr open with MJ shackles in the rear, running 245/75/16's, no rub now, they did in the rear with those big long bumps that jerk the whole back end down at the end, but ever since the MJ shacks no prob. I have hit a lower c.arm 1 time when I was rocking back and fourth pretty hard. You have to work pretty hard to scrub(the tires) it now. JOE>

Back