• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Driveshaft UJoint ?

1337Fungi

NAXJA Forum User
95 4.0 AW4 NP231

Decided to replace the rear driveshaft ujoints due to lots of noise. Stop at the friendly neighborhood Advance and told them what I needed. The computer turned up two part numbers, one for inside locking and outside locking. Two counter people couldn't figure out what that meant and one suggested it had to do with what kind of hubs the vehicle has which made no sense to me because its a driveshaft not a axle. Long story short they decided on the inside p/n 2-1175BF, I opened them at home as I was in a hurry and they have c-clips, two days of tstorms keep me from crawling under and looking at the shaft but im thinking I need the outside locking circle clips. I think they gave me the wrong style, Any ideas? Also should I replace the straps while I'm at it 150k on the stockers.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...Neapco_5270642-P_17_R|GRPUCVSAMS_634153693___

That's a pretty low level of u-joint literacy for a counter person. If you have another neighborhood parts chain, I have a feeling you'd do well to utilize them in the future.
They don't put ujoints in Hondas, so if you are in a big city, good luck with the counter troll...

I've had to literally walk them through their own parts catalog on the computer before. I had to point AND say what I wanted when it came to a temp gauge sender, it took several tries or I would have ended up with a temperature idiot light switch.

Some stores and some counter guys are better than others, but it does happen.

True enough, you have to shop where you have to shop.

I have thought of having a special card, or maybe a T-shirt, for when I go to the counter for parts. It will say, "No, the little one, not the Grand."

add another line under that that says "6 cylinder, yes, it has 4 wheel drive, no it doesn't matter for this part."

True enough, you have to shop where you have to shop.

I have thought of having a special card, or maybe a T-shirt, for when I go to the counter for parts. It will say, "No, the little one, not the Grand."
what you don't own a grand also? I do.

what you don't own a grand also? I do.

I tell them I want parts for the "good" one, not the Grand. (And yes, I have one of each also).

Buy your u-joints online if you can wait. I tried all over town and settled on some USA made joints with zerks, but Spicer is the way to go for sure.

Back