• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need UCA eye to eye measurement

Peregrine

NAXJA Forum User
I have been trying to search for the "actual" center of eye to eye measurement of our stock upper control arms. I am getting mixed answers from aftermarket mfg's. I am trying to dial in the caster with my adj. UCA and need the exact measurement. If someone has some sitting in their garage, could you throw a tape measure on those suckers and let me know. I have searched multiple forums and still cannot get a definitive answer. Dead center of eye to eye measurement please. Thanks!

Yeah, thanks...I found that same article in about the same amount of time as you.

Who is to say that source is more trustworthy than another? Its not from a lack of searching that made me post this question. The issue is that I have gotten different data from different sources. I have seen the 15" but I have also seen many 15.125" and a couple 15.25" for XJ's and TJ's. While this doesn't seem like much difference, I don't personally know how many degrees of caster 1/8" or 1/4" of length can change. I may be a little nickpicky but I am trying to dial in the arms to get the best caster/pinion as I can so I don't have to screw with it any longer. Until it can be proven with an actual tape measure, what source to trust?

15" for the uppers and 15.75" for the lowers, as measured from the 96 CAs I removed. Today I'm installing Ironman4x4fab's adjustable CAs and going with 15" for the uppers and 15.5" for the lowers for my 2-2.5" lower setup. The adjustable trackbar is set to 3/8" shorter(axle was 3/4" shifted to passenger side).

Back