• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep misses, doesnt idle, stalls and runs ruff

XJRunner

NAXJA Forum User
I'm not a newbie to Jeeps but when it comes to this stuff I am. What things should I check first? What could cause this? Its an 89 motor in a 87 waggy. Thanks!

did it just start behaving like that, or did it start after you finished some work? I'd check the obvious...spark plug wires (proper order, good connections, etc.), fuel pressure, injectors firing, etc. Basics for running, spark, fuel, compression. Maybe more details would be helpful too.

When the swap was done, did all the ground wires that belong on the dipstick stud get on there with the connections clean and shiny? How about the strap from the back of the head to the firewall?

Agree with Cruiser54 and FlyFisher. Was the swap done recently?

The basic tuneup stuff, then check the distributor shaft for sideways movement. Check the EGR valve.

the grounds are good. i think we checked the egr. i think an injector is stuck shut cause its just a miss yet everything is good

Unplug injectors one at a time then. The one you unplug and it doesn't make a difference- start looking there for a bad injector or no power to the injector. Please report back.

Back