• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So..I'm kickin' it in Pismo when...

Jump This

Just another minion!
I see this big ugly SUV drive by with the cool RWK supply sticker on it.
Hmmm, I think to myself, don't I know that guy? Who the heck is it...
(the salt air clouded my thinking..)
I send a few texts out and get the answer, its RobertK!!
Not ten minutes later I get a call from Robert telling me he is in Pismo with Jeff and crew and they will stop bye later. Cool!
I'm on the coast, almost 400 miles from home and I find HOMIES!!
Let me see if I can get some pictures up.
You all should be jelouse...

Been thinking about making a trip up there. Never been, how is it?

It's chaos on a busy weekend, and towing your trailer out there is pretty gnar. Air down ahead of time, and when you see your camping spot, don't slow down until you get there.

Pull people out as favors because a) it is fun and b) Karma is a beatch.

Gettin a little warm at your Casa Rick and need a trip to Gods country?......SANTA

Always try to get out of town this time of year!
;)

As far as the location itself.....I will be doing it again, and again, and again.
LOVED the place!
BTW, I drive a 38' RV and tow a trailer, and had no problem with getting stuck. I just kept it near the front and once parked, it didn't move.

I havent been to pismo in 30 or more years.. I wonder how much it has changed? When i was there last they were making a TV movie, it was call Terror on the beach.. It had Dennis Weaver in it...Rick if you got some pic's, please post them..Can you still drive all the way to the point?

it's pretty fun out there. i was out there this 4th of July and it was absolutely nuts tho. but normal weekends there not that many people out there and is pretty calm but watch out for rangers they'll find you and give you a ticket even for no license plate. and i believe as of recent you have too be running a flag out there.

Hmmmmmmm!!!! Rick i didnt see you out there? Where were you camped? we were right on the ocean front property just below RobertK!!!!!! White and Green XJ and a silver and black one with no doors too (Hollywood)

I havent been to pismo in 30 or more years.. I wonder how much it has changed? When i was there last they were making a TV movie, it was call Terror on the beach.. It had Dennis Weaver in it...Rick if you got some pic's, please post them..Can you still drive all the way to the point?

scott no more devils slide, as far as you can go is i think MAYBE pole 7 or pole 8... the dang sierra club closed down something like 25K acres all over some bird...

Damn, I didn't see you. Me and Wildman were there with the family and we were camped right below RobertK at the second to last bathroom roadway.

I had a damn good time, Broke a few things on jeep but nothing serious until the last night. Popped the bead on a tire, blew a hose and air filter off the OBA, and on the last night there backed almost all the bolts out of the motor mounts on the block. Oh, yeah I forgot, I haven't put the rear bumpstops in yet and payed for it by blowing out my brand new billstiens in the back. (Oh well it was my own dumb ass fault. Any ways here is a few pics of mine.

Pismo-July-20101080800x600.jpg

Pismo-July-2010998800x600.jpg

Pismo-July-2010948800x600.jpg

Pismo-July-2010878800x600.jpg

Pismo-July-2010874800x600.jpg

Pismo-July-2010810800x600.jpg

Pismo-July-2010799800x600.jpg

Pismo-July-2010788800x600.jpg

Pismo-July-2010777800x600.jpg

Pismo-July-2010729800x600.jpg

Pismo-July-2010720800x600.jpg

Pismo-July-2010705800x600.jpg

Pismo-July-2010696800x600.jpg

It's chaos on a busy weekend, and towing your trailer out there is pretty gnar. Air down ahead of time, and when you see your camping spot, don't slow down until you get there.

Pull people out as favors because a) it is fun and b) Karma is a beatch.

very good advice, I hate it when trucks and trailers dont air down before entering. They block the whole ramp and make my job veryyy difficult.

it's pretty fun out there. i was out there this 4th of July and it was absolutely nuts tho. but normal weekends there not that many people out there and is pretty calm but watch out for rangers they'll find you and give you a ticket even for no license plate. and i believe as of recent you have too be running a flag out there.
We have a Chp officer that will sit at the end of pier ave that will write tickets to people for no front plate. And yes, we require all vehicles (even street legal) to have a flag if they are in the dunes. This excludes the camper line.
I'm pretty sure I checked you in, check the initials on your pass. Should be NN. Let me know the next time you guys are in town, I'll take my jeep out when I get off work.

p.s. If any of you saw the green xj in the pier parking lot with the naxja sticker on the rear window..that was me :)

We have a Chp officer that will sit at the end of pier ave that will write tickets to people for no front plate. And yes, we require all vehicles (even street legal) to have a flag if they are in the dunes. This excludes the camper line.

p.s. If any of you saw the green xj in the pier parking lot with the naxja sticker on the rear window..that was me :)

... i have a front plate on my jeep, HOWEVER, i bent it to the contour of the front bumper, so it curves under quite a bit =)

the flag rule must be a new rule cuz i dont remember it being a law the last time i was there 6-8 months ago.

... i have a front plate on my jeep, HOWEVER, i bent it to the contour of the front bumper, so it curves under quite a bit =)

the flag rule must be a new rule cuz i dont remember it being a law the last time i was there 6-8 months ago.

flags in the dunes has been a requirement for as long as I've been going there for at least 5 years, and it just makes good safety sense to run a flag when in the dunes.

Jumpthis said:
I saw both of you driving around but didn't recognize the rigs.
No :NAXJA: stickers!

I remember seeing the wrangler. Both me and wildman (Rich) have NAXJA stickers on the back window right hand corner. Need bigger stickers I guess.

Back