• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar issues.

GoBlue

NAXJA Forum User
I cant say I know what size lift it goes to, but it seemed like a 3 inch lift on the jeep. I also have a 3 inch lift. When I took the stock one off, and put the new one on, the steering is now hosed to say the least. The steering wheel is off 90 degrees and the steering itself is really loose. Why is that, and how can I fix it? Thanks.

The trackbar wouldn't adjust the tightness of the steering but it would adjust the orientation of the axle under the front of the Jeep. The axle is not where it was left to right. Does this trac-bar have an adjustable end on it?

You need to center the axle under the jeep using the adjustable trackbar. Once this is done then you gotta adjust the draglink adjuster till the steering wheel is straight.

Ah, the drag link, just looked it up and now I know what that is, thats my main concern I guess. I tried looking it up, but how do you adjust that?

Ah, the drag link, just looked it up and now I know what that is, thats my main concern I guess. I tried looking it up, but how do you adjust that?

There's an adjuster on the bar up near the pitman arm and it has two bolts on it. You loosen those and turn it. While turning it, check the steering wheel and keep doing it till the wheel is centered and then tighten up the bolts.

Back