• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering, need suggestions

Sillyfast

NAXJA Forum User
Please excuse the horrible pic, I am looking to build my own steering and wonder if anyone has run something like this. Want to use heims and over the knuckle. I thought welding the tab and have the heim on its side for the drag link would have less binding. Please give opinions and criticisms.

steering.jpg

This design has been used many times. You will have to look out for interference with the coil buckets and the sway bar mounts but other than that it is a good setup.

i use a setup like this. it started as a rustys hi-steer. drag link from pitman to pass. knuckle and tierod from knuckle to knuckle, but after insane amounts of bind, doc@ stone soup metalworks in phoenix set it up as you described. i did have to trim the front of the coil buckets and relocate the trackbar up top, but i am very pleased with it. i cant post pics but pm me and i can email some.

Back