• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sliders

1.5 .120 wall tubing is fine for a roll cage, but I wouldent run it on a rock slider. Kinda easy to dent. For 200 bucks mabey someone in your area can fab you up a nice set. I had good luck with 3/16" 2x2 with 1/4" mounts

Too many contradictions for me in the description and photos. It "sounds" like they may mount to the pinch seam and not tie into the frame rails.

Photo shows a nice fat tube way over 1 1/2 in. diameter and if it was really "ultra heavy duty" you couldn't easily pull it off and flip it over to use it as a step.

=========================
"1984-01 XJ Cherokee;Textured black powder coat;Manufactured from 1.5 ultra heavy duty .120 steel tubing; Drilling required

Extreme Bars come with three lateral bars and vertical stanchions between outside impact bar and center lateral for extra strength. Can easily be reversed from up to down position by simply removing security bolt and sliding off mounting system. Use up position to protect Jeep’s side panels when off roading, while down position can be used as a step for easy entry and exit of vehicle. Manufactured with 1 ½” diameter extreme heavy wall steel tubing, provides protection between any obstacle and your Jeep. Easily bolts on without drilling. Comes in three powder coated finishes."
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360286263390

Welded a set up out of 2" x 1/4" square tubing. Tied them into the frame in two locations. Also tied them into the pinch seam. So far, they have heald up fairly well -no dents in the tubing yet.

Made my sliders out of .120 wall, 2x3. square tube. Looked real nice!

Bent 'em the first time out. :dunno:

Go with something thicker.

200 seems like a bunch for those sliders I ran the JCR stage II's for a while I was able to make a little dent in the tube part but they were great and I have some people interested in buying them for $150 but there would are 2 people in line now

Back