• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pics of rusty's tailpipe?

wannabe

NAXJA Forum User
Hoping someone could send/post some pics of their rusty's mandrel tail pipe. I'm really interested in getting one but not sure how it will fit with my extended shackles (side and rear pic would be best). I had to cut the stock pipe back several inches due to lack of clearance and prefer not to with a new system. Thanks

I dont have any pics but mine doesn't interefere with the shackle at all, in fact thats why I traded it out in place of my Borla. It runs right next to the shackle but theres enough space between them that they dont interfere.

Thanks. The shackle I'm running is about 1-2" wider than stock and (if I remember right) several inches longer. The shackles rubbed on both my XJ's. I could really use some pics. Any one have or know where to get sound clips from?

Im not sure what pipe you mean, but i have the rustys catback kit (flowmaster and a chrome tip on the tailpipe) and a teraflex 1.5 greasable shackle and i ended up cutting the tailpipe off about 3 inches before the shackle, i couldnt get it to stop rubbing on the shackle and squeeking, so out came the sawzall

I am running a rusty's tailpipe on mine with a Super 40 muffler and cut several inchs off mine at an angle just to keep with my departure angle. My 1.5" lift RE Shackles are close, but don't come in contact with it before or now. I am running a C-rok rear bumper which gives great departure angle. So had to keep it all tucked up and looking nice.

Though I didn't get a bling tip on mine.....:cry: , I might have to put one of those blingin' black chrome tip I saw on autozone on it, though:eyes: :laugh:

Back