• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Half Door Question

scroll down to the bottom of this page and follow the links. This has been covered alot. As far as who has the best right up though I couldn't tell ya.

here be mine. i just taped out a cut that looked good and then cut it. i filled in the rest with whatever sheetmetal i had laying around.
36970_142760515734529_100000017434059_424218_6230995_n.jpg

I believe he cut the "handle" part of the door handle off, but the button and all the hardware INSIDE the door is probably fine and works just like stock....

Correct me if I'm wrong...and that is one sweet Comanche.

I had the spare doors already-- no $$ projects are great when you're waiting out a hurricane in the garage.

tube doors will follow when I get around to "creating" something, but for now, I'm still liking the finished look from the window frame and such.

First, i don't have the bender to make or the money to buy tube doors. I have an xtra set of doors from my old cherokee so half doors are free. Third I want them to lock so they dont go flying open on the highway. Yes I could find another means to make them stay closed but if you can do it without modification or very minimal then why not.

OK, let me start by saying I am not knocking anybody -I'm serious.

Why are you guys doing this? Unless you are going to do a snap-on type of cover, I just don't see why you would do this over tube doors.

Please explain the advantage to me.

Thanks

i had the doors laying around already plus the sheet metal to finish the job. also, i just like the looks of half doors over toob doors.

Doors are cheap I picked up an extra set for $25. I don't like tube doors. I like the look of the half doors. I was going to make a snap on window for days it might have started raining or something. Most of the time I would put them on and they would stay on for the whole summer. My lock was not functional just didn't feel like taking the time to fill it. As for the back doors I usually had my dog on the back set and I would like him to stay in the Jeep when getting a little off camber.

I have a 4 door, all 4 doors are cut to half doors plus i still have the stock doors for it too..My grandkids love them..I also have tube doors for just the front, doesn't get alot of wind on the freeway with just the front..I just got some doors for the wifes 2 door, getting ready to cut them up for her..

Looking for them now, but mine look likes SHORTY's..I got the ideal for him when he posted his up..My grandson was helping me look for other stuff when he found this pic of shorty's..Found some.Still need to do the body work and paint, but they open an close..
298.jpg

294.jpg

Last edited:
I just got these doors, they are manuel locks and windows..My stock doors are all elec..All together i have 4 sets of doors, it takes me 4 min to change out..Except the elec ones, they take 15 mins to plug them all in..
whitedoors.jpg

Back