• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Advice on DPA

muddeprived

NAXJA Forum User
I need some opinions guys.

I have RC's 4.5" long arm kit and it comes with a DPA and drop trackbar bracket. I want to remove the DPA and drop trackbar bracket and use a stock pitman arm. Iron Rock off road has a t-bar bracket that doesn't require a DPA so I plan to get that.

How many of you guys are running stock steering with 4.5" lift and no DPA? Any issues with tie rods or the working angle of them? I don't want to keep running into worn tie rods frequently if 4.5" is too extreme for them.

Thanks

my rubicon express 5.5" lift didnt come with a drop pitman arm. ran that on stock steering for a while had no issues. i now have custom steering with stock pitman arm. i've never ran a DPA

Both of my rigs are at 5+" on stock steering.Been that way for 10yrs!

Today I removed the DPA and put the stock one back on. I also drilled a new hole for the trackbar one inch above the old hole on RC's drop bracket. I was gonna buy a bracket from Iron Rock but i figured i'd save $75 bucks and just drill two holes.

It's much more reponsive now and my 2" deadspot is gone.

And if anyone wants to know, RC's DPA is a 1" drop over stock.

pichers1.jpg

I don't understand! What do you want?
Well,... here's a picture of a pitcher:
lgbeerbarset.jpg

Hope that helps.

(G@$&%:&n hippies, need to learn English :roflmao: )

Back