• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WJ Lower control arms- will they clear 31x10.5's?

HenryKrinkle

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know if the WJ LCA's will clear 31x10.5 on stock wheels? The write-up I found says they were good with 235s (~28"), but made no mention of width.
I tried a couple searches, but no help.

Thanks....

stock height or lift? backspacing?

hard to say with 5.25" of spacing... i havent heard any claims either way. once you get around 4" though your pretty clear of everything. i had 30s on gamblers wheels (5.25") with no rubbing issues. my guess would be your inner fenders will rub before your arms if your at stock height.

Sorry for leaving out details. Stock height and backspacing. Fenders gutted and trimmed with flares reattached up higher. The tires clear fenders just fine, but are rubbing the LCA's something fierce at full lock.
Hopefully some of you who have done the swap can share your experiences.

Side-by-side photos and that madxj write-up clearing 28's make me think they'll do ok, but I can't really know from that. I'm sure it make a big difference over stock, just curious if anyone's done it...

I'm running 31's with the old stock turbine rims, and have also ran the ecco rims. Have about 3-4" lift with RE drop brackets. I have installed the lower and upper WJ control arms. The lower arms have the bend in it to help with larger tires. Full turn I rub nothing and have had no problems at all. I noticed a subtle positive change in the way the Jeep handled sharp course corrections after the install. Perhaps you will to. The only thing is grinding down the bushing sleeve to fit or hammering everything to fit around the sleeve. Good luck with the install

I run the WJ lower arms with 245/75/16s on Moabs and I do not rub the control arms at full lock. I would recommend using a sawzall or a hacksaw to cut the bushings. The grinder made too much heat and wanted to cook and burn the bushings.

Last edited:
Back