• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need help asap!!!!

poomero

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 90 Cherokee and i am changing the axle seals.

I have the front apart with the axles out but the axles a 2 short axles. The passenger side axle is short and it connects to another axle on the inside of the house. I cant pull the carrier out because i dont know how to pull the axle out that is on the inside of the housing. Can anyone let me know what to do????

Ok so i got a little farther but i am now really stuck!

I have a dana 30 and it has the vacuum disconnect. I got everything apart including the old seals.

I got the driver side seal in no problem.

The passenger side seal is another story though.

I am trying to get the passenger side seal in and i only have about 2 inches of room to to work in side the housing. I can only work in the vacuum box area.

My issue is how the hell do i get the new seal in when i have no room to hit it with anything to get it to set?

Has anyone done this before to the dana 30 with the vacuum disconnect and can help me out with any input?

Make a tool.....When I did the one in mine I made a "press" to fit in the vac housing. A few washers a couple nuts and a bolt is all I used.

Or, some sort of long driving rod...to put the seal in from the drivers side (outside)...long all-thread or ???

Don't have a disco axle, so haven't faced this problem.

i tried to make the tool like you did but when i put the new seal in it went in crooked and bent seal so it is no good now.

Tomorrow i am going to try using both of the bad seals that i have and a over size washer so that it will pull evenly and so i wont damaged the rubber on the inside of the seal.

Back