• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Prayers needed

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
Hi all,

My father is in critical care possibly due to heat stroke or something more severe. he Cant talk very well and laughing then immediately crying.

I may be away for a while to be by his side in Illinois. Any thoughts and prayers that can be sent are welcome.

Josh, I am sorry to hear. We will pray for him/ur family as well. I'm just down the street (you know that) if you need anything call, swing by or hit me up.

Josh, our prayers are with you, I have just went through some tense times with my father's heart health. I hope your dad pulls through like my father did. Anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to call!

Thanks everyone. Its a confirmed heat stroke as I suspected. The good thing is that the CAT scan didnt show any clotting in the brain. He's still not there neurologically but he is stable. The doctors say its not life threatening but he's more at risk for this to happen again. Recovery could be anywhere from 2 months to a year.

Ummmm..... you're still posting from home..... so, why aren't you on the way to see your Dad? :D

Good luck to you & him, I hope he recovers quickly.

Dude, sorry to hear this. He is in my thoughts buddy. Hope he gets well soon!

A family member of mine had a sever heat stroke a few years ago playing golf in Palm Springs on a 125 degree day. He had the same symptoms as your father. The good news was that he was 100% back to himself within a few days. Hopefuly your father will have the same quick recovery. My wife and I will keep him in our prayers.

Mary Alice and I will be sure to supply both. Sorry.

Just talked to my Dad today. He's back at home and getting better. He's able to have a conversation now. Doc's orders are to stay out of the 108 deg weather and no work for 5-7 days but thats hard for my Dad since he's thick headed and stubborn. The reason why I didn't go back to Illinois is because the doctor said it wasnt life threatening as long as he watches his blood-sugar levels and gets some rest. If it was more serious like a regular stroke, i'd be out there right now. It was really hard for me Friday night since Ive got a pregnant wife and my Dad is across the nation. I feel better after talking to him and think I've conveyed my concern well enough for him to start paying attention to his health.

Back