• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE Hack n Tap

Erics2000xj

NAXJA Forum User
I've been looking but cant find any info on the cardan joint. Im curious if the double joint can be run on the axle side rather than the transfer case side?
Basically I have a slip yoke I got off of an S-10 that I want to use for a hack n tap kit but the only way I could make it work is by flipping the driveline (xj front driveline).

Thanks,
Eric

It wont acheive the purpose of what your needing to accomplish!

As RCP said, the whole point of a H&T is to get rid of the slip yoke, and move the slip joint to the driveshaft.

That is what I am trying to achieve. I am using a yoke and installation extremely similar to IRO hack n tap setup but my yoke has the full ears on it instead of having the strap with the bolts

In short, what you want to do and put the CV joint at the axle doesn't make sense, and defeats the purpose of the joint. The joint is made to handle the higher angles present in a driveline. If you put the CV joint at the axle, it won't be doing anything since it will be straight the whole time. The single u-joint will then be places at the output yoke, the location of the highest angle in the rear driveline, and will be put through a lot of stress, will wear down faster, causing vibrations again and will need to be replaced in a shorter amount of time.

What do you mean the yoke has "full ears" instead of the strap kind?

I think he's refering to something like a stock yoke!
To the OP,how do you plan to get the yoke bolted to the output shaft with a u-joint attached to the yoke???????
Quit fighting a bad idea and do it right!

Back