• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ROTM

Yea, I'm not sure I'm a fan of it. While it may be a cool goal to shoot for, it completely takes the mildly built guys OUT of the running. It's mostly the pretty extreme rigs that get it, and some folks just literally want to drive on mountain roads that may occasionally require four-wheel drive. Those rigs actually make more sense in the long run, if you think about it. :D

I propose that for August, we are ALL ROTM. Oh yea, baby! WIN!

Yea, I'm not sure I'm a fan of it. While it may be a cool goal to shoot for, it completely takes the mildly built guys OUT of the running. It's mostly the pretty extreme rigs that get it, and some folks just literally want to drive on mountain roads that may occasionally require four-wheel drive. Those rigs actually make more sense in the long run, if you think about it. :D

I say dont enter I say just on the last day of voting vote for the underdog every month.

Agreed.

It is mostly just a popularity contest. (i.e. the Wildman votes)

I say we have a paper airplane of the month contest, whoever builds the best one gets a airbrushed painting on velvet of skwerly in a speedo to hang above their fireplace. :D

I say we have a paper airplane of the month contest, whoever builds the best one gets a airbrushed painting on velvet of skwerly in a speedo to hang above their fireplace. :D

Sweet!

I'll have two of them then!

I'll have to sit that one out.

No fireplace.

I've never been so happy not to have the ability to handily burn objects.

Eventually all the extreme rigs will win but not entitled for future submissions so after a while, everyone can win.

Ted, Mike asked this as well if you are referring to the SoCal Chapter ROTM:

Just wondering, was this a one time thing?

originally it was a one time thing in order to be submitted for National Rig of the month contest. I was hoping to keep it going at the Chapter level regardless but life got in the way and started slacking due to SoCalFest planning. We'll pick it back up for next month

If anyone has any objections, we can continue the chapter level ROTM but if everyone (not just a few) feel that its not worth it, we can halt it.

Eventually all the extreme rigs will win but not entitled for future submissions so after a while, everyone can win.

Ted, Mike asked this as well if you are referring to the SoCal Chapter ROTM:

If anyone has any objections, we can continue the chapter level ROTM but if everyone (not just a few) feel that its not worth it, we can halt it.

Not worth it.

It usually turns into a popularity contest. :yank:

Back