• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

scout frame??

usernameinuse

NAXJA Forum User
ive been told that the xj body rails will fit right in between the frame rails of a scout frame like it was meant to be there, so the question is can anyone either confirm or negate this?

I was thinking about trying last year, and when I measured the Scout frame and the XJ "rails" (if you want to call them that), I found that the Scout frame rails would fit INTO the rials on the XJ. But to do this, you would to cut out the inside and the entire bottom of the XJ rails, so that all you had left was the outside flange of the XJ rails. Also, the Scout frame "kicks" up in the wrong places for axle clearance. You can still do it, but I think that I am going to go check the frame on the new to me, showed up yesterday at the house, 1970-1972 Early Bronco for this possibility. If it works, it will be one of the best uses for a FoMoCo product that I have ever found. Collector value be darned!

I have kind of put this on the back burner for now, as a friend has managed to get me involved with trying to figure out why his XJ won't start/run. Will tinker with this probablly during the spring.

Back