• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

John Bull Trail

91XJBUBBA

NAXJA Forum User
I thought it was funny...I ran John Bull trail with a few buddies in YJ's this past saturday. We ran into a 4x4 club, not sure who, but it was all a bunch of locked up YJ's and that crazy Mercedes Benz that was posted in the last John Bull Trail Thread. Anyway, some guys were having some difficulties in a few sections and along comes a blue, daily driver, 100% stock XJ just creeping along the trail. Just thought it was awesome to see the XJ motoring through...Also cool that I was the only jeep that didn't have any heating issues this weekend...must have been a fluke...

No way 100% stock...no lie...we were amazed...I'm not saying he wasn't beating up the bottom of his jeep...but he had a good spotter and was making it through..My buddie has the pix, as soon as I get them I will post them up...

I said it would be doable int he other thread.

Now someone has seen it happen :p

I went through Jon Bull about 2 1/2 years ago with a guy in a stock height XJ with stock size tires, but he had sliders and a lunch box locker out back. He had a biatch of a time, but he did eventually make it. This is one of the reasons that pushed me to sale my TJ and get the XJ.

What time were you up there sat? I was there around 10ish starting out on the gatekeeper side, we had 2 white XJs on 35s. and there was a orange wrangler behind us for a bit.

man they beat the snot of their doors!

It also appear to be Independent suspesion front and rear. That would seriously suck running the Rubi in IFS.

I did it in my WJ with a BB and 245's. I had sliders, a ARB bumper, and a KMA rear bumper. Other than that she was stone stock. Open/open with no skids at all. The underside got beat up pretty good but she made it through in one piece.

I was with a TJ on a BB and 32's with a rear locker. He made it look easy. It is all about the line you pick and your spotter.

And before anyone says it, yes I got hung up in JV on a pebble with the same set up!

We made a day of the trip started the trail (gatekeeper side) around 8am then hung out at the top turn out for a few hours. I saw 2 white XJ come through, i talked to the guy bringing up the rear. He had out of state plates and said he was in the military...was that your group?

I didn't have to bad of a time getting through the trail and I'm on a 3.5" with 32" and open/open...a few door dents but thats only "proof" in my book..

naw my group consisted of white/primer XJ on 33s, blue XJ on 31s, 3 white tacos, a newer 4runner, a full size chevy pick up stock, and a YJ that was holding up the trail because he broke some dana 30 stuff. and of course my stock white XJ. i saw tons of NAXJA guys pass me, the full size chevy, and the 4runner at the foot of a difficult hill where i backed out.

very impressive on the Flat fender...probably rolling on 31s also, and peg-legged.

thread_is_worthless.jpg

Back