• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C compressor help.

KingCopa

NAXJA Forum User
I need some help ! I have a 94 4.0 with the r134 update on it and I'm trying to recharge the ac and it absolutley will not let the freon in the compressor ! I have searched and nothing found helps with the problem I am having... I jumped the compressor and all lines are hooked up right and can is punctured and backed out to flow like it should.please help I'm in Az and its hot as hell :D

I believe the '94 still has the service valves on the compressor. Are you opening the low side valve by turning it clockwise a half turn or so after you have the fitting attached and are ready to charge the 134a into the system?

Someone will chime in if the '94 no longer has the valves. If you are aware of what I am talking about and have opened the valve, get back because you obviously have another problem.

Yes I have it attached to the low pressure side. After looking at it I do have the service valve but it wasnt moving got it to move and it works now. ?Thanks for the help guys !!

I assume you are using the R134 in the little can and not a true aéc machineÉ I ve ran into a stupid little problem with these kits, if you crank the can onto the hose too tight then it wont vent the can thru the hose. try loosening the can about an eigth of a turn. that seemed to get the fluid to flow for me.

Back