• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone?

unklejxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 xj that was involved in a wreck yrs ago. last year I repaired most of the body and lifted her. I also decided it was a good time to take care of the rusty floorboard. so for about 7 months the interior was removed and it sat. anyhow I also removed the lower dash panel. I recently reinstalled everything and hit the mud. now to the point. when I removed the lower dash the obd2 had to be unscrewed from it. now I need plates and can't get emissions because the obd2 plug cannot be found. on some models is it possible to remove the plug without cutting the harness? Is it possible that I removed this and lost it? I went to the jy and the only 96 or newer xj had the plug hardwired and coming straight through the firewall. I really need these plates and need this port. any help would be appreciated.

Did you pull the lower bash back off and see if it's tucked up inside somewhere?

I would be willing to bet that it is tucked inside the dash and not cut. Unfortunately, since the OBDII plug is so small, it probably got tangled up in some wires and got tucked.

Did you pull the lower bash back off and see if it's tucked up inside somewhere?

not only did i pull off the lower dash, but I also pulled out the instrument cluster. I will try it again tomorrow, but I really think it got disconnected by a plug.

I just checked my roommate's 2000 FSM. I'm guessing it would be the same as yours.

Anyway, the Data Link Connector is spliced into the wires going to the Headlight Switch. From the I can try to scan a copy of the diagram if you need it, but I don't think it would help much more.

Back