• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sugarloaf (Big Bear) Cleanup August 28th

Skwerly

NAXJA Forum User
Forwarding an email I got:

Well after 2 years of working to get this confirmed there is a NEED for help cleaning up an area that for years people have been using our beautiful forest property as a public dump, and now the timing is right to have a clean up party. The SBNFA, the National Trails Foundation, and the city of Big Bear Lake are on tap for this . Big Bear Disposal has offered to supply roll of dumpsters and haul them to the transfer station up here.

We are going to stage at Chitaqua school parking lot in Sugarloaf (map to follow) at 8:30, and for those that don't want to drive their personal vehicles to the area in question we will have a shuttle van to do just that. This area is NOT a 4X4 road/trail so any 2 wheel drive would be fine.

What we are asking for is volunteers to help clean up trash (see the link below), pick up trucks would be great but any thing that you can use to get to the area is also great. The OHV group will have our Kubota tractor and dump truck there to help haul stuff to the dumpsters.We are hoping to get this done early in the afternoon, and then there will be a BB'Q supplied after the claen up.

PLEASE come up and help clean up this mess, as this is YOUR forest that the public is trashing.

I will post a sign up sheet in the database section just to the left on the opening page of our Yahoo site.I will be happy to lead a patrol either after the clean up or the next day Sunday.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Danny Bogner OHV95V
Big Bear
So Cal Broncos
Big Bear area Co-coordinator

thanks for posting this! that is 4 days after my wife's due date so I obviously wont be able to make it.

Anyone in NAXJA who attends this cleanup, PLEASE report your volunteer time to karstic

Thanks for posting this bud, are you going to be attending, maybe take Friday off go up do some drinking, then the cleaning and more drinking, then a run on Sunday? I am in for the clean up either way.

peace
ted

AAT Opportunity 8/28

I have a conflicting commitment on this date but I think it would be great if the SoCal NAXJA Chapter could show up in force and represent the OHV community in a positive manner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: AAT Opportunity 8/28

If I'm not working I'll come up and help. Maybe I can catch a ride with someone? I don't think the saturn will get too far :D

i am in .. but just for the saturday clean up i have other plans friday and sunday

Re: AAT Opportunity 8/28

Sorry I didn't see Skwerlys thread. I'll try to get the two merged together.

If someone that can make it sign in everyone that shows up from NAXJA and get me that sign-in sheet I would appreciate it.

I see no reason why I couldn't be there. Hopefully I'll have been able to fix my Nissan enough to drive it up there. If not I could drive the Jeep or even the mommy van. :D

Mommy vans are cool, my mom had a 98 windstar with a 3.8L. That thing could roast the tires accrost the intersection lol. Anyways it was a hellova lot faster then the 300 inch I6 f150

I'm in.

If anyone local wants to drag my Bantam trailer out, its available. I don't have a hitch.

Back