• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what is everyone running for rear bumps?

toyotawrench

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered bumps for the front,

SPECs:

RE 4.5 lift, rear has 3.5 springs with I believe 1.5 drops, running fox 2.0 10inch shocks. I would like to hear some advice, or see some pics of your setups.

Was looking at the JKS bump spring plate. Anyone have these or have any experience with them?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Peace
Ted

I use my rear tires. honestly the rear is so stiff it never rubs.

What did you go with for the front? Prothanes or......

JKS pn 1100, and then I also go some extended urethane extended for the upper part. Was looking at acos, but decided against it. I got both parts off ebay. Total for the front is like 137.00 for both the bumps and upper inserts or whatever they are called.

you could do hockey pucks or get cheap rubber mallots from harbor freight and cut the handles off.

As hard as I've tried I've never gotten the rear tires to rub yet. I did cut and fold the fenderwells though but still the leafs just don't have that much flex in them. If you really wanted to do rear bumps you could make an extension plate out of box steel to bring the stock (or aftermarket if want) ones down to where you wanted it to stop. I broke all the bolts off on the old rear bumps trying to replace them (they were rusted I guess) and just decided to leave it that way and haven't had a problem yet so I'm not too worried about it.

one of my first wheeling trip i actually ripped a rear flair off. not quite sure how... but the tire deffinantly made contact with the pinch seam in the front of the wheel well. smashed it up a bit... now, ive NEVER been able to replicate the results.

(RE 4.5" superflex kit and 31 BFGs at the time)

Rear im running DPG extended spring plates and new OEM bumpstops. went with DPGs because I needed new spring plates anyway. Plus its easy to add a cut-in-half hockey puck or whatever to the plate if I need more restriction.

Front I've ran superglued and epoxied hockey pucks before...No matter what adhesive they fell out after several months. I'd recommend securing them with a bolt

stock with a custom u-bolt plate
Picture006.jpg

^ Im setting up to do something like that as well. simple, and will do the job

a bigger u-bolt plate is a quick and easy way to "extend" the rear bumpstop. the thing you gotta watch out for is if its just a flat piece hanging off the side with no support, enough use/force and theyll just start to bend. ive seen a couple that have done this. another quick and easy method is to jsut add some rect tubing between the framerail and bumpstop...

2nhdgrs.jpg

the thing you gotta watch out for is if its just a flat piece hanging off the side with no support, enough use/force and theyll just start to bend.

^This. Happened to me on both sides.

Best/easiest way would be to weld a piece of box to the axle and then bolt down the u-bolt plate to that piece as well.

^This. Happened to me on both sides.

Best/easiest way would be to weld a piece of box to the axle and then bolt down the u-bolt plate to that piece as well.

If you have a press you can put a bend in the metal at the front and rear of the plate to add strength. It will look like a really wide stock plate.

I used some very hard (hockey puck like) rubber 3" block, hose clamped to the axle. So far, so good, and I have landed hard on them a few times with a lot of weight in the back. Have 3" lift. Cheap but effective.

enough use/force and theyll just start to bend.

my framerails started crushing before that plate bent.

i think mine are 3/8" thick. might be a touch more.

anyway im running basically what everyone else is

comancheandrearshocks001.jpg

Back