• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Iron Rock Offroad

I installed their 6.5 inch critical path long arm. Went in fine, I'm no expert but it was my first lift install and Ive been pleased with it.

I have the 6.5" Critical Path LA kit from them on my rig. Ive wheeled it, but I dont know what your version of hard is. All I know is that I would recommend it to anyone. In my opinion you cant get to many better lifts for the price they offer there's for. I would go with the Doetsch Tech shocks they offer, that's what I have and I have no complaints. Install went good except getting the arms into place on the cross member can be a bear cat. If you have any questions just let me know.
Here is a shot of the front arms. Frame stiffeners need final welding done yet.
UnibodyStrenghteners.jpg

Last edited:
Is it a necessity to run frame stiffeners?

No, but if you plan on wheeling it for a long time I would. Its a cheap investment that is important.

Is it a necessity to run frame stiffeners?

No, but if you plan on wheeling it for a long time I would. Its a cheap investment that is important.

its been one of those things im debating on what i need first... sliders or frame stiffeners, it will be a pain in the butt if i get sliders first then stiffeners... and i cant wheel the fun stuff until i get sliders(i almost turned my jeep into a soda can on miller jeep trail this weekend cuz of no sliders) =/

Sorry guys, I tried searching but apparently wasnt good at it. Thanks for the info. Is it a necessity to run frame stiffeners?

the search feature sucks if you just type something in, however, if you go into advanced search and change it to "search titles only" and then type in "iron rock", you'll have threads specifically about iron rock and not threads where someone stated "iron" in a sentence or "rock" in another. That will take you HOURS to look through, but if you do search titles only...it only takes a few seconds! :)

its been one of those things im debating on what i need first... sliders or frame stiffeners, it will be a pain in the butt if i get sliders first then stiffeners... and i cant wheel the fun stuff until i get sliders(i almost turned my jeep into a soda can on miller jeep trail this weekend cuz of no sliders) =/

Sliders first! Easy to fab or install pre-fabbed. If you bolt them (self tapping) on initially then adding them to stiffeners later is really no more work than doing both at the same time.

Sliders first! Easy to fab or install pre-fabbed. If you bolt them (self tapping) on initially then adding them to stiffeners later is really no more work than doing both at the same time.

true, im trying to decide on how i wanna do it.

like a big piece of angle iron for the base to where it wraps around the bottom and side or just the sides and what size tubing to go from the frame to the pinch seam. then what size to go out on my slider itself.

i want it to stick out maybe 2-3" further than the body to help keep it body damage free

i want it to stick out maybe 2-3" further than the body to help keep it body damage free

yeah that's not happening. My JCR stage 2 sliders help keep it to a minimum. I dented my back passenger door on my old rig because my jeep bumped a tree on an off camber hill. They help in most situations and keep your rockers in good shape unless you drop down on rocks way too hard.

kybray, I know of two guys who have/have had IRO kits on their WJ's and they really like them. Their stuff is beefy.

Last edited:
looking at jcr's stage 2 vs stage 3 im not sure which would be better, but i do however like the idea that they went with and the stage 2 wouldnt be that hard to build

looking at jcr's stage 2 vs stage 3 im not sure which would be better, but i do however like the idea that they went with and the stage 2 wouldnt be that hard to build

Both would be easy for someone that can fabricate and weld to build. My problem is that I don't have the tools or a welder to do any fab work. I am sure I could measure and cut the pieces and have someone weld them IF I had tools.

In my opinion I would do the stiffeners first if the option provides, Though sliders are much more important to me in my opinion. Reason for my thinking is because A: your going to want them sooner then later if you wheel hard or often B: You will have to modify your sliders if you add the frame stiffeners later IE your frame rails would be thicker now.

I just added my stiffeners and I have a set of Stage 3 JCR sliders on the way. I ordered them with the TNT stiffener option after showing them some picks of my stiffeners and lift, that's what they told me. I cant wait till the sliders get here!

well i just went on my first black diamond trail this weekend and im very happy that i came out of it w/o rock rash on my body panels lol. i now understand the importance of rock rails =)

Back