• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Motor Mounts

I would also suggest looking into the Brown Dog motor mounts, one of our NAXJA sponsors.

Mine are 22 years old, should i switch them out with new ones? if so, where can i get some of those MORE ones?
thanks

You need to consider what kind of Jeep you want. After market poly motor mounts are sturdy and hold up to the stress of off-roading. However, they transfer vibrations to the cab. If it's goi g to be a daily driver, you'll be better off with OEM replacemants the local auto parts.

Some people will ay that you won't notice the difference or that you'll get used to it... BUT, not everyone is the same. I HATED the poly mounts that I installed. I ended up replacing them with OEM after a couple hundred of miles. My XJ is not even my daily driver... It's my 1/2 daily driver...

E

MORE has some motor mounts with rubber bushings. That's what I've got.

But it's true about poly mounts. Years ago, I got a poly tranny mount. The vibes were awful. I put a rubber one back on right away.

Brown Dogs are the way to go.

It is as they say, they do transfer vibration. I have JeeperJohn Fabwerkz Motor Mounts in the Wife's daily driver. She likes the vibe's and hearing the engine rev, I think She just likes the Vibes.:shiver: = :smoker:

I've got the Brown Dog poly mounts. Love em. They also make rubber ones for you sissies...;)

It is as they say, they do transfer vibration. I have JeeperJohn Fabwerkz Motor Mounts in the Wife's daily driver. She likes the vibe's and hearing the engine rev, I think She just likes the Vibes.:shiver: = :smoker:

LOL. I don't think that's a bad thing... ;)

Btw, refrain from double posting.....

E

Oh.. Not you Paul. The OP started a same thread in one of the techs forums. I think it was the OEM Forum......

You just keep your wife happy with those jeep vibes.... :D

E

:D...

Back