• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jv report!!!!!!!!! nov. 15-17

xDUMPTRUCKx

NAXJA Forum User
We'll if your not here you need to be......

So far so good.

Its been a little cold at night so dress warm.

Kangaroo rats all over the place, one started eating a little fruit I sat down while working on my junk and I snatched him up. Cute little guy.

Hwy 20 was run all day thursday. 15 rigs. 1 flopped, 2 broken alloy d44 shafts, one window busted out. Fun stuff.

Me n bryan (xj ranger) ran claw hammer today, good stuff. I destroyed a rear driveshaft, good thing I've got a spare at camp.

Now I'm hoping for a night run!

Ill be posting everytime we do a run cause I only get reception by the second lakebed/sand dune.

Re: jv ²iport!!!!!!!!! nov. 14(17

[FONT,PerdanaRomd pi"q please for those of us that unfortunately cant make it:bawl: [/FONT]

Hey Dump,

You beat me to it..

Yep.. IT WAS/IS COOL.. I arrived Wed night and got back around 8pm tonight..

Matt flipped his XJ.. I don't know his screen name though.. We were just at his rig, then walked away, then... no more than 30 secs later.. crash, thump, and crash. He's ok, just hurt his shoulder a bit..

Highway 20 was... hmmmm KICK ASS!!!!

Just remember to BRING SPARES if you are going to run anything except the "easy" run..

I'll be back up there Sat night, hopefully before the raffle..

See You Up There...

:yelclap:

Elias

It wasn't Scrappy..

This Matt has a silver '00 or '01 XJ and he's from Arizona..

Actually, no one was spotting him.. a few of us scratched our heads and wondered how ended up that way..

He flopped sideways, on the driver side, all the way on the roof, then rolled back on the driver side. :rof:

Elias

Is (Rockin Rick) Rick Norman from Phoenix there? If so tell him I need an updated mail address... his renewal junk got returned to sender.

i wish i was there:(

My son and I had a great time but be sure to bust my balls for not running the rest of LBJ, I deserve it. My intentions were to run the easy trail as part of a scouting mission for a future run out there but I ended up chosing the "Easy Moderate", increasing to moderate-moderate, increasing to insane run. Anyhow, it was cool and I appreciate the spotting help and tug when I slipped and got stuck. At least now I can say I ran a Hammer trail even if it was only Tack Hammer, and I even have a dent in my door to prove it! LOL!
If you have never been, the area out there is beautiul and there are cool areas all over the place to see and wheel, including all the famous very tough trails which I look forward to seeing in the future. Now I can really see why a lot of XJ's slowly evolve into tube buggies.
Ryans Home brew was great and my son loved the home brew cherry vanilla soda. The Raffle was great with a lot of goodies from a lot of great donors including that, who was it?, racingoil.com? raceoil.com? ummm....oh yeah, HotRodOil.com, yeah thats the one! Anyone that was at the event and is interested in a quote for The Best synthetic lubes, PLMK and I will hook you up with 10% over my cost. Thanks for a great time and I look forward to the next So-Cal event! John

tisk tisk, yer advertising in a non vendor forum. :D

I had a blast running TackHammer and Lower Big Johnson. I think I had the smallest tires out of the whole crew. Glad I replaced by factory front bumper with the protofab...it saved my front clip. Bent the snot out of my JCR 1 ton tierod...and my rusty's trackbar end looks like a pretzel.

2006-11-19+036.jpg

Yeah, if I am I apologize, and if needed, mods please edit, etc. I figured mentioning the offer because I donated to the raffle and didn't get a chance to address the crowd with the offer last night. I hope to be able to donate to other events in the future, just not enough yet to meet the normal vendor advertising requirements.

djblade311 said:
tisk tisk, yer advertising in a non vendor forum. :D

I had a blast running TackHammer and Lower Big Johnson. I think I had the smallest tires out of the whole crew. Glad I replaced by factory front bumper with the protofab...it saved my front clip. Bent the snot out of my JCR 1 ton tierod...and my rusty's trackbar end looks like a pretzel.

2006-11-19+036.jpg

Looks like its time for an Upgrade....:D

I had a blast even if I was STUCK to running the easy trails. We had a roll over (Toyota) and got to rename the WJ (Dragin Wagon) which clanked and drug on everything. Ended up picking the wrong line and had to get a tug. All in all it was a great time.

100_1614.jpg

Awesome event again. Just got finished unpacking.

A big thanks to Richard, Ron, all the vendors and "others" who donated, and to everyone else who helped with setup, cooking, trail guiding, etc.

I ran the Tack and LBJ and had a blast, no broken axles (guess I'll try harder?)

Pictures will follow.

Just got home, not many pics of everyone else but here are some of my favorites.

MMMMMM, virgin dunes.
PB170005.jpg

doesnt he look happy.
PB170010.jpg

group of us that did wreckingball.
PB180036.jpg

claimed passenger rear door and rolled down window.
PB180041.jpg

Some carnage, mostly body damage, but we did blow a seal in the stearing box.
looks like a wreckingball hit us in the doors.
PB180051.jpg

PB180045.jpg

PB180047.jpg

juryrigjalopy said:
but we did blow a seal in the stearing box.

LOL

that is one happy seal... How much did you charge?...

J/K...

Really wish I could have gone... Looking forward to all the other pictures....

Juryrigjalopy will "WATCH" me replace the steering box tomorrow night,so I can be ready to do the Mojave Trail this weekend. And off to pickapart for tail lights and new rear door glass,Wreaking Ball was great but tough on sheetmetal.

hey does anyone know how long this JV trip is?!

Back