• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Big Bear in August

HeepSpeed

NAXJA Forum User
August 13 at 7:00pm - August 15 at 9:00pm

Another Adventure Brigade Trip!

Drive up Friday night after work to Yellow Post site #30. This means that a fire ring is the only thing provided at the campsite.
Bring all your own supplies, food, water, special bucket (for those that know) :)

...Activities:
We'll probably do a day of 4x4 on Big Bear trails, anything from easy to hard depending on who wants to drive. Garrett votes hard.

We can cruise down into Big Bear to check out the town or eat. We can swim in the lake, too.

We can go hiking.

Why Big Bear?
Big Bear is close. This means not much fuel usage which saves us some cash. The trail to get to the campsite should be accessible to any SUV with clearance so bring a friend!
The Yellow Post site is remote and we won't be next to another campsite cramping our style. You can party all night or tuck into your sleeping bag. If you REALLY have a problem about the no bathroom situation, then just wait until we go into town.

Adventure Pass Required.

For you gps people:
YP30 is located on 2N86 at N34° 13.950 W116° 58.805

Lots of shade. Room for many tents. Down a spur road.

Having never been there before, I'm not sure it's exact location. I'm sure you could tell from this map (you can see it's the top left yellow post site on the map:

attachment.php

Map.jpg

That is my last free weekend before the school year starts and I have to go back and teach those little brats. This sounds like a great way to bring my summer to a close. Not sure if I will camp, but I will definately join you guys on the Saturday trail run.

i may be in but have not been to the site so maybe a meet up prior then we caravan in??? i'm working a way to go..

garrett - i think u have my number... if not pm me urs and we'll chat about this

we just may see a bear lol so i will be bringing some personal defense lol... i am in on this run.. mainly for the camping aspect lol the rig is not quite ready for some heavy wheeling

your way more then welcome to come.. and yes a stocker would make it.... pm me and i'll get u my cell number and we can chat

I am planning on camping with you guys, but depending on what trails you all want to run I might go meet up with my toyota friend that is planning on John Bull, Dishpan run on saturday.

thats fine bro... some of us cant run hard stuff and some uf us wont run the easy trails. thats the beauty of wheeling.. something different for everyone lol... heep said he want to run some difficult runs so maybe he would like that too... i wouldnt mind but i have a bad front drive shaft and not sure if i'll have the time to go yank another from a donor or find another one by the trip...

Back