• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C and On Board Air

Stukboy

NAXJA Forum User
So, I have a 92 4.0 XJ with air. I want to put the big York OBA set up from my YJ on the engine.
Any have or hear of anyone running both?

When I pulled it from the YJ it was a 2.5 4cyl. So I can't just bolt it up.

Any help would be appreciated.
The wife wants air in the summer. I don't really care but want to keep her happy.
Thanx,
Stukboy

That thread is about using a second Sanden compressor for OBA.

Yes, you can install the York and keep your AC. As xj9140 said, Kilby does have a bracket and pulley kit for 91+ XJs. It's part no. KE-1700, which is not listed on their website. You will have to make some minor mods such as relocating your airbox and battery.

I first installed the York OBA system in my 98 XJ. It's now been swapped over to my 92 MJ. My favorite mod.

That thread is about using a second Sanden compressor for OBA.

Yes, you can install the York and keep your AC. As xj9140 said, Kilby does have a bracket and pulley kit for 91+ XJs. It's part no. KE-1700, which is not listed on their website. You will have to make some minor mods such as relocating your airbox and battery.

I first installed the York OBA system in my 98 XJ. It's now been swapped over to my 92 MJ. My favorite mod.

Interesting. I wonder why Kilby never put the KE-1700 kit on his 98 XJ.

yorkcherokee001-1.jpg

You can have both. My battery is in the back of the jeep. I used piece of an I beam cut in half and turned on it side for my mount.

Try lookin on Madxj there a couple on there!

OK, thanx everyone.
What i'm looking at now is how you are running a V belt and a serpentine(sp) belt.
I like the side by side on all the set ups.
Stukboy

The Kilby KE-1700 kit consists of the brackets and a new alternator pulley, which has a groove for the v-belt to drive the York.

If the York were to suddenly seize up, I can take the v-belt off and keep on driving.

I think it was like $130 when I got it several years ago. Looks like it may be closer to $150 now,

What's the hot ticket for York compressors? I think I read that there's three versions (vary by cc), and how can you tell them apart? I found a beauty the other day, and will snag if it's the right one.

Back