• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cutting hi lift

Onetype

NAXJA Forum User
I got an old 60" hi lift that pretty much just lives in my garage. The damn thing is too long to put it anywhere in my jeep. I was looking at it today and had an idea to cut it down to 48". Thoughts?

I'm not sure if this will help in your situation, but I replaced the factory pins with ones that I could remove by hand. Now I can quickly disassemble my 60" high lift to make it fit in the Jeep with no problem.

You can buy just the bar as well-the 5 footer is desireable to guys with full sizers who happen to have the 4 footer.
Got the 5 foot bar when I had my Bronco and have held onto it since-just throw it on the roof rack when I go wheeling.

Nick

If nobody wants to trade their 48" bar for your 60" bar, just cut it. I would go with the longest that will still fit. If someone local wants to trade, why not?

Back