• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SILLA ALL Aluminum Rad...

Senior_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ive only found 2 threads that even mention this brand & one was about the filler neck being damaged during shipping. I know the expression, "u get what u pay for" BUT nearly every aluminum rad is $500 or more!

-This model:
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...t-0L/SILLA2335AA.html?tlc=Engine+&+Drivetrain
-Its all aluminum
-2 row with 1" pipes.
-It sells from $160 to $175 bucks!!

-Im replacing a damaged CSF 3-row & want an aluminum now so if anyone has any feedback it would help a great deal!!
-Probably gonna match this rad or any rad i get w/a setup like this:
http://www.ffdynamics.com/jeepradextb1.html There out of stock on the all aluminum rads, BUT the tripple fan setup WITH the aluminum shroud is a perfect FIT!!

Opinions & advice here is good & yes i kno this subject has been beat 2 death, BUT with new products always comin out, there's LITTLE feedback on this Silla rad & so here we go...
:peace:

LOL.

about 20 minutes ago, fedex droped off a similar radiator from genesis auto. the box says silla, and the filler neck IS dented. I took a small flat screwdriver to it, and bent it back, im pretty sure a cap will go on.

this is the 4th radiator ive bought from genesis auto, 2 have been dented, 2 have been fine. we havent had any problems after bending it back. i run the radiator, as does the other 4 jeeps in my crew. i would recommend it, i pay $110-140 thru genesis.

FFDynamics gets more radiators in all the time. I sent thier sales department an email and asked when they would be back in stock and they sent me a direct link to buy it, even though it said they were out of stock on the site. You can get just radiators from them if you don't want the fans. I got the radiator/fans/shroud combo. It should be here friday and i'll see how nice it is.

That's just one of teh many names for radiators made in the same place in China. I had 2 of them and they were both damaged on arrival. The workmanship was poor, and the metal was thin.

Ive only found 2 threads that even mention this brand & one was about the filler neck being damaged during shipping. I know the expression, "u get what u pay for" BUT nearly every aluminum rad is $500 or more!

-This model:
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/s...t-0L/SILLA2335AA.html?tlc=Engine+&+Drivetrain
-Its all aluminum
-2 row with 1" pipes.
-It sells from $160 to $175 bucks!!

-Im replacing a damaged CSF 3-row & want an aluminum now so if anyone has any feedback it would help a great deal!!
-Probably gonna match this rad or any rad i get w/a setup like this:
http://www.ffdynamics.com/jeepradextb1.html There out of stock on the all aluminum rads, BUT the tripple fan setup WITH the aluminum shroud is a perfect FIT!!

Opinions & advice here is good & yes i kno this subject has been beat 2 death, BUT with new products always comin out, there's LITTLE feedback on this Silla rad & so here we go...
:peace:

So is there a plug that goes in the driverside tank ???
Newer units don't use it I believe. Is it plugged... ?

Curt

Be careful with Auto Parts Warehouse and US Auto Parts (they're both the same place). I just ordered a radiator and water pump from them. Both items were shown as being in stock, I was charged for both, and I got tracking info. My order shows up today, without the radiator. I call back and they tell me they're sorry, but they don't have the radiator in stock. This was after having the sales person verify that the radiator was in stock at their Carson warehouse.

They won't give me an ETA for the radiator either. They just want to cancel my order and have me keep checking back to see if they have replenished their stock of the item. The thing that sucks about the whole deal is that they won't give you an order update for 24-48 hours after placing your order so you're in limbo for a couple of days until your part (hopefully) ships out. My water pump actually showed up a couple hours before they could even tell me that the radiator was not available. Moral of the story is make sure to have them verify their inventory on large items (like radiators) that they are less likely to keep on hand. The customer service person I talked to about the out of stock radiator informed me that they only update their inventory once a week. No wonder they have issues like this.

-Ive been calling up the rad stores directly as in, Griffin, McCullosh Fab, Reid Racing, Active, & CSF directly & askin them my tech questions as they are not the suppliers & can give you a direct middle man & there inventory & prices.

-An example would be a company like Derale sent me to summit, & then what i do is call up summit & pretend as if i didnt kno squat & ask them the same tech questions, JUST 2 see if theres any true varience in the information. If there on point & the customer service is good then thats how im judging my order once i decide to place it!!

-I thank ALL u guys for the help so far!!!! :yelclap: :yelclap:

FFDynamics gets more radiators in all the time. I sent thier sales department an email and asked when they would be back in stock and they sent me a direct link to buy it, even though it said they were out of stock on the site. You can get just radiators from them if you don't want the fans. I got the radiator/fans/shroud combo. It should be here friday and i'll see how nice it is.

Id be really interested to see if it is worth the 500. I mean, dont aluminum rads go for around 500 by themselves?

If the whole piece is high quality I may order one.

-Ive been calling up the rad stores directly as in, Griffin, McCullosh Fab, Reid Racing, Active, & CSF directly & askin them my tech questions as they are not the suppliers & can give you a direct middle man & there inventory & prices.

After getting pissed off at the Auto Parts Warehouse rep for not giving me an ETA, I called CSF directly and spoke to them. They suggested I check the yellow pages and call around to the local radiator shops to see who carries them. They also informed me that they were currently out of stock on the one I needed and did not know when exactly the next production run would be. I guess that means the 2-3 week estimate APW finally provided me was inaccurate as well...

Id be really interested to see if it is worth the 500. I mean, dont aluminum rads go for around 500 by themselves?

If the whole piece is high quality I may order one.
Dunno, I paid like 130 for mine. Of course, it's a stock replacement unit, not some gold-plated aftermarket super turbo edition.

After getting pissed off at the Auto Parts Warehouse rep for not giving me an ETA, I called CSF directly and spoke to them. They suggested I check the yellow pages and call around to the local radiator shops to see who carries them. They also informed me that they were currently out of stock on the one I needed and did not know when exactly the next production run would be. I guess that means the 2-3 week estimate APW finally provided me was inaccurate as well...

Are you looking for the CSF 3 core rad? If so, you might be waiting awhile. Dirk from DPG offroad (a CSF dist.) made a post a while back that CSF was stopping production of the 3 core radiators for the XJ. I could be wrong on this, so you might want to PM him...he might even have some left in stock.

I bought a new Silla OER single core AL/plastic rad off E-bay and so far it's ok. I wasn't overly impressed but for $65 shipped I didn't expect to be. I think Silla is ok as long as your expectations aren't incredibly high.

Are you looking for the CSF 3 core rad? If so, you might be waiting awhile. Dirk from DPG offroad (a CSF dist.) made a post a while back that CSF was stopping production of the 3 core radiators for the XJ. I could be wrong on this, so you might want to PM him...he might even have some left in stock.

That was an old thread, and ended up not being the case. They have not been discontinued and Dirk is still selling them. In fact, I just ordered one from him yesterday. APW's shipped price was going to be $65 cheaper than DPG's, couldn't pass that up. Didn't do me any good though since they were unable to deliver. My new radiator should be here Friday or Monday.

Sorry for the hijack, back to the SILLA discussion...

A Little info about FFdynamics:

I've been looking at aluminum radiators for quite some time since my heep tends to run hot under certain conditions and FFDynamics is one of the companies I contacted. We traded emails and let me assure you that they are very slow to respond. I was able to get a response about the tube size, you can read it here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=244969825&postcount=341

Short version:
The tubes are 16.5MM, that's 0.650"

When I later emailed them to ask about ordering just the radiator I received the following:
Hi Frank,

Sorry but we are now out of our Cherokee radiators, one of our wholesale distributors purchased the 22 we had built in our warehouse. We will have our techs build more, but they are not going to be ready for some time, when our techs have the time.

Thanks!
FFD

I followed up with a email asking who the distributor has so I could order one from them. That was 7 days ago and I still have not received a response.

I've also requested a phone number so that I could order a radiator, ask tech questions, etc,. No number was ever provided.

I'm not to thrilled with the slow replies and the cavalier tone of the emails. As far as I'm concerned, Customer Service should start before any money changes hands and FFD didn't seem too interested in stepping up to the plate.

A Little info about FFdynamics:

I've been looking at aluminum radiators for quite some time since my heep tends to run hot under certain conditions and FFDynamics is one of the companies I contacted. We traded emails and let me assure you that they are very slow to respond. I was able to get a response about the tube size, you can read it here:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showpost.php?p=244969825&postcount=341

Short version:
The tubes are 16.5MM, that's 0.650"

When I later emailed them to ask about ordering just the radiator I received the following:

I followed up with a email asking who the distributor has so I could order one from them. That was 7 days ago and I still have not received a response.

I've also requested a phone number so that I could order a radiator, ask tech questions, etc,. No number was ever provided.

I'm not to thrilled with the slow replies and the cavalier tone of the emails. As far as I'm concerned, Customer Service should start before any money changes hands and FFD didn't seem too interested in stepping up to the plate.
This sounds alot like a company that is growing faster than it can handle. I hope they get it together.

This sounds alot like a company that is growing faster than it can handle. I hope they get it together.

I too contacted them several months ago and expressed my desire to run a no B.S. radiator to cool the XJ.
They bragged a bit on how their set up only had one guy who they couldn't be cooled and they have guys in the Mojave running their set up... they also requested specs on my XJ so they could pass them along to their techs... well I haven't heard back from them yet...
I'm sure their intentions are good and maybe like John says they're growing and getting their feet back under them...

Curt

Back