• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 XJ need help

truck7575

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 88XJ and I unhooked the coil several months ago. There are three plugs that go into it one is two prong in the middle and the two outer ones are 3 prong. Would someone with the same year or close to it mind to take a picture of their coil with the plugs plugged in so i can see what connector goes in which plug and the color wires that go into the plugs. Then maybe pull the plugs out and take another pic so I can see what the prongs look like too.

Thanks a ton!
Rick

you mean the ignition control module that the coil sits on I am assuming...You use the front(toward the front of the jeep as it is installed) two spots on the module. I'll get a pic in a bit

ok pic time. This is a pic of one of my 89's. You didn't say what motor so here is the 4.0 set-up.
plugged in....
SAM_0330.jpg

unplugged to see connectors....
SAM_0331.jpg

oh and I took the coil wire off the tower of the coil so I could get a better pic for ya..enjoy--hope these help

So not have anything to plug in to the third connector closest to the cab? Do you know what would normally plug into that one if something were to plug there?

That is used in other vehicle applications, NEVER used in the Renix XJ.

And no, I don't know when or what vehicles or what they are for.

I think I must still have my o.e.m. module in there as it says its made in France...lol

A coil I took off one of mine said Magnetti Marelli. That's kinda like an Italian version of Lucas.

that's a scary thought.
I think the junk in the 87 is original, I hope it never dies, cause new ignition parts seem to suck.

Question: Why do the English drink warm beer?

Answer: Their refrigerators are made by Lucas!

(Uproarious laughter and applause)

Back