• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel line question

Onetype

NAXJA Forum User
Went to drop the tank on my 00 this morning and the fitting that connects to the fuel pump ripped in half. Its like a foot long section that connects the pump to the hardline. Im in the process of dropping the tank in the cargo area so is there any reason why I cant just replace this section with regular fuel hose?

Last edited:
I've been running napa fuel line (rubber) for a few years now and you just have to watch for cracking and rot every once in a while, it's cheap and easy to replace, just keep extra in your jeep

Figure out the diameter (bring in a short section of it)- you NEED "fuel injection hose" - not just any fuel line. SAE R30J9 I believe. It makes a difference. Replace any other ones that are squishy or look bad. They sell this stuff by the foot and will cut you a generous piece. Might as well do the fuel filter while you're in there. Maybe get new clamps too- couldn't hurt and they're only a couple bucks.

Just be careful - gas will spill all over- be prepared to catch it, clean it up.

Go for it, use fuel injection hose like Henry said, make sure you use fuel injection (constant pressure) hose clamps as well. If you don't, expect the hose to come off after a few weeks... don't ask how I know :shiver:

Thanks for the replies guys. Im gonna have to see what I can piece together. As far as the filter goes, I tried replacing it when I put the pump in a couple months ago. The dealership doesnt even sell filters for the orig pumps anymore so no luck there.

Back