PDA

View Full Version : need rad help (jobber rads nor cutting it)

bcmaxx
July 20th, 2010, 08:05
Looking for an all aluminum, or copper/brass 3 core rad to replace my cheap peice of crap alum/ plastic tanked rad. I seem to go through one a year, they always start to leak at the fittings and tanks . They also do not cool any where near my original rotted out copper/brass rad. I am always pushin the top half of the gauge, not into the red but up there. Here are my findings
-norther radiator cr78- appears to be brass/copper, still inquiring
- griffin 5-284lb-bax - all aluminum with internal trans cooling tank- but can't find pricing or anything up in canada
- performance radiator in kelowna has a self branded 2 core copper/brass $177- just not sure about this - though its gotta be way better than the plastic garbage
any idears?

joe_peters
July 20th, 2010, 10:25
Contact DPG Offroad and see what their CSF 3-core is going for, its about $184 US. There is a discount for RED members, might sweeten the deal.

bcmaxx
July 20th, 2010, 11:13
Thanks Mr Peters!!! I found one up here my cost $137.00 canadian! csf#2572 all metal 3 core, and free shipping overnight! To good to be true? I hope not!!

90cherk
August 30th, 2010, 17:21
I'm about to order a CSF#2572 to drop into my '90. Did you have any issues on fit with the thicker core? I was also going to install the in-line filler on the rad hose and get rid of my (now leaking again) plastic tank.

Let us know how the install went for you.

joe_peters
August 30th, 2010, 19:50
If you are going to change, why not go all the way and order the open system radiator? You need the radiator, radiator cap, a short piece of overflow hose, and a coolant recovery bottle you can source off any 91+ XJ at the salvage yard, and grab the 91+ coolant control valve (heater control valve to the barbarians) too. That would probably run you a little less or only slightly more than the filler neck adapter and two clamps.