• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need rad help (jobber rads nor cutting it)

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for an all aluminum, or copper/brass 3 core rad to replace my cheap peice of crap alum/ plastic tanked rad. I seem to go through one a year, they always start to leak at the fittings and tanks . They also do not cool any where near my original rotted out copper/brass rad. I am always pushin the top half of the gauge, not into the red but up there. Here are my findings
-norther radiator cr78- appears to be brass/copper, still inquiring
- griffin 5-284lb-bax - all aluminum with internal trans cooling tank- but can't find pricing or anything up in canada
- performance radiator in kelowna has a self branded 2 core copper/brass $177- just not sure about this - though its gotta be way better than the plastic garbage
any idears?

Contact DPG Offroad and see what their CSF 3-core is going for, its about $184 US. There is a discount for RED members, might sweeten the deal.

Thanks Mr Peters!!! I found one up here my cost $137.00 canadian! csf#2572 all metal 3 core, and free shipping overnight! To good to be true? I hope not!!

Last edited:
I'm about to order a CSF#2572 to drop into my '90. Did you have any issues on fit with the thicker core? I was also going to install the in-line filler on the rad hose and get rid of my (now leaking again) plastic tank.

Let us know how the install went for you.

If you are going to change, why not go all the way and order the open system radiator? You need the radiator, radiator cap, a short piece of overflow hose, and a coolant recovery bottle you can source off any 91+ XJ at the salvage yard, and grab the 91+ coolant control valve (heater control valve to the barbarians) too. That would probably run you a little less or only slightly more than the filler neck adapter and two clamps.

Back