• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stupid question, but hey I had to ask

I wanted to see if you have to remove the springs to install an aal.. I have heard with the short ones you can just do it with the main leaf still on. I have the full length can I still do it that way ? Just a little scared about breaking the bolts so I would rather not take it off if I don't have to. Sorry I am still wet behind the ears... this will be my first lift install except for the budget boost.

If your doing it at my pad, don't worry about breaking the bolts. It's an easy thing to fix, and I have spares handy.

No you don't have the remove the leaf springs from the vehical to do an aal. You just unbolt the U bolts from axle, drop axle, take out the bold in center of leafs.

KSXJ said:
No you don't have the remove the leaf springs from the vehical to do an aal. You just unbolt the U bolts from axle, drop axle, take out the bold in center of leafs.

While that is technically true, it does not allow for you to inspect the bushings, and makes it more difficult to check the spring for bends and damage.

I have full confidence there will not be a problem on Bradfords jeep.

i don't see how you can't inspect the springs. when i put my add-a-leaf in a while ago, i just took the u-bolts, lower shock bolt and the leaf spring centering pin out. then i removed all the leaf springs except the main leaf. i inspected and cleaned every leaf including the main leaf, and then installed them back together with the new leaf installed.

Back