• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Do you like music?

EazyXJWJ

NAXJA Forum User
I live in a duplex (renting) and my bathroom is against the neighbors.

...So I was showering and as soon as I'm done, I hear about 4 bangs on the wall. I ask my wife if she did it or if she fell. She said no, she thought I did. So I say maybe it was the neighbor.

I change and go walk to her door and knock and before she even opens the door yells at me, "what isai?!?!?!" (isai is my name FYI). I tell her why is she yelling at me. She says she's tired of it, that it's the 2nd time.

WTF?! Yeah, SECOND TIME SINCE I MOVED IN... IN DECEMBER! She's acting like it's every day/night. I always hear her talking and hear her kid running up and down but I've never say anything.

She says she sleep at 9 and I tell her ok, I won't have it pass 10pm anymore and replies with "FINE, YOU WANT A WAR, OK!".

Not that I'm scared of the biatch, but, ISNT THERE CERTAIN HOURS UNTIL YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT DOWN?

Ex. 8am - 10pm after that, no music.

The contract didn't have any hours.

sounds like your neighbors a nut!

Tell her to call the police.

Until 10 she doesnt have a leg to stand on (unless your music was so loud it could be heard from the street)

At least your renting....ie can move at some point. Are your neighbors renters as well?

Yes, she's renting. It wasn't loud to the point where the next house could hear. In her own words, "we have 2 inch walls".

What's funny is the cops just happen to pass by as we were talking and I told her "look, there's the cops, tell them". She said "no".

Don't quote me, but i think if you cant hear the music in excess of 150 ft from your prop line, then youre ok. Sounds to me that if your neighbor doesnt want to hear other people, then she shouldn't move into a duplex or and apt, ect, with adjoining walls. You have to know when you move into a environment like that, that you will occasionally hear your neighbors.

What a twat! I had an old lady who would always leave her TV on at night when i rented. Well i solved that problem by tripping the breaker to her room. :p

Is your bedroom backed up to hers? Do you see where i am going with this? Start up at 10PM to just piss her off even more...IN the AM pound it out again, then go out an work on your RADIO in your CAR..But you need to BACK it in so it faces her place..HTH
Have a nice day...Yes i have PISSED off my neighbors before..Even the cops told them they should move...LOL..

I live in a duplex (renting) and my bathroom is against the neighbors.

...So I was showering... Yeah, SECOND TIME SINCE I MOVED IN... IN DECEMBER! She's acting like it's every day/night.

That's your second shower since you moved in? :shiver: no wonder she's mad, you must be funky as all hell man!

I didn't see anything about music in your post just the title lol. If you want to borrow my DJ PA system let me know, it will blow her right out the other side of the house :D

I think it's probably something like the speed limit. Although the posted signs may say 50 mph, for instance, if it's foggy or rainy, then the speed limit goes down. To what, nobody really knows. "Safe for the conditions" is the general rule.

If this lady has kids and works odd hours, I would just turn the radio down a bit, or use headphones. Issues like these (among many, many other reasons) are why I hate apartment living. :(

Tell her to call the police.

Until 10 she doesnt have a leg to stand on (unless your music was so loud it could be heard from the street)

At least your renting....ie can move at some point. Are your neighbors renters as well?

Unfortunately, this isnt entirely true even though it is a commonly accepted rule. Disturbing the peace can occur any time of the day. If I work grave yards and sleep from 5:00pm to 10:00pm before work the noise is disturbing my peace and I can call the police.

With that being said, we had a crazy noisy neighbor bringing up girls every other night and cranking his radio while he was getting busy with his lady of the week until 2 and 3 in the morning. I talked to him a few times and nothing changed so I called the cops and they wouldnt even do much untill it was past midnight.

Sounds to me like you were not being overly loud and she needs to relax. Hope the situation does not get worse.

Back