• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

zj proportioning valve question

slvrmdxj

NAXJA Forum User
I know there's been a lot on here about the zj proprortioning valve, but I couldn't find an exact answer to my question, so I'm asking it anyway. Flame if you wish.

Is swapping over the internals from a ZJ proportioning valve perfectly identical to swapping over the entire ZJ proportioning valve? I assume either mod will produce the exact same results. There's nothing magical about the ZJ proportioning valve housing correct?

When I did the rear disc brake mod for my '98 XJ C8.25 XJ in 2000 this information was not available so I removed the seal from the proportioning valve pressure regulating stem to equalize the pressure to front and rear calipers.
This proportioning valve modification has worked great for many XJ owners although it is not recommended unless you run tires larger than 31s.

Thanks for the replies.

OverlandXJ, exactly what I wanted to know. I was about to use the cap from the XJ along w/ the ZJ internals until i read through your thread link. Thanks.

Back