• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door removal

Boneless-Jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
If this should be in the oem section then please move it .

Heres my question,Does the chassis flex more without doors in it ?like to the point where im gonna have to plate my frame and cage it up to do so without taco'ing my junk ? OR is it better to fab up a set of half doors that retain the original door frame for more rigidity ? Im asking this because my jeepin buddy, he drives a framed wonder aka YJ of course lol told me that the doors on a unibody help hold it together and stiffen it a bit ,and i dont know if hes right or not so I figured maybe yall would have maybe some what of an answer for me ! thanks guys. sorry if I sound like a newbie lol

^--Agreed. Some people WILL say no don't take the doors off it'll fold like a taco! But when it comes down to it, there's plenty of guys on here that have wheeled their sh!t hard with no doors then put them back on no problem. Remember the doors only have structural contact at their hinges and at the nader pin, it's not like they actually contact the body around their entire edges

Back