• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wow...

LOUD02Special

NAXJA Forum User
So, on my second attempt at replacing my OFA Ring Set, I was finally successful after 4 1/2 hours. This job sucked. Since my XJ is a '96, it was a T-60 job. After reading Yucca Man's write-up several times, I ended up breaking it loose with several doses of PB Blaster and using only a 12mm box wrench with an 18" cheater from underneath. Putting it back on was even more time consuming than getting it off, and I had to get it lined up right so it wouldn't block the flow of oil into the filter. I did notice my pressure remaining more stable as well. I know this is a common problem and many have fixed it before, but dammit, it sucked!

Watch the trade papers for the next Society of Automotive Engineers convention. Crash the convention. Look for the guys wearing Jeep or Chrysler name tags. Bring them a fresh drink--make sure there is a little secret sauce added in. Prowl the parking lot looking for Jeep or Chrysler parking permits. Shove a couple bananas up the tailpipe.

Revenge is best when served cold.

I hear ya....this repair is a PIA. Did it finally on my 99 a few weeks ago. used 2 box end wrenches duct taped to a t60 bit and a 3 ft section of 2" black pipe for leverage. I found it easy to get at from above by removing the coolant resevoir, had just the right angle and enough arc to crack it loose. no more oil on the starter now so I'm happy.

I hear ya....this repair is a PIA. Did it finally on my 99 a few weeks ago. used 2 box end wrenches duct taped to a t60 bit and a 3 ft section of 2" black pipe for leverage. I found it easy to get at from above by removing the coolant resevoir, had just the right angle and enough arc to crack it loose. no more oil on the starter now so I'm happy.

Or the exhaust pipe! That was one of the most annoying things about it. Every time I drove it I'd smell burnt oil and I hated it.

Back