• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear shocks?

96TNXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed my new axle (29 spline 8.25 with 456s locked and disk brakes and shock mounts moved up) I did read and read and read all I found was about different brands and mounting tech. I am wanting to get Bilstein shocks (I have heard alot of good about them) and the jeep is my DD and I wheel it on the weekends so I really want something for both worlds. I was thinkin about the 5150s. What are you running and how do you like it and what is the shock lengths you have? TIA

5150's have a tiny reservoir, theyre untuneable and unrebuildable. IMO theyre too expensive, to be a disposable shock... might as well go straight up 5100, save the coin. or even a fox non reservoir 2.0?

you didnt mention what suspension you run, but on a re 3.5, i run fox 10's up front(soon to be retunedup to 2.5" 10's), and 5100 12"s out back thru the bed(temporary, but i dont have anything to replace them with =).

Last edited:
oh my bad the jeep has 6.5 inches of lift. I was thinking about just finding a good used set any thoughts on that? Also I forgot to say that I use the jeep for rock crawlin I dont jump it or any thing lol

Back