• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

d44 locating help

xcm

NAXJA Forum User
SO it's about time to lift my fathers MJ, so instead of SOA'ing the stock 35, we are going to go hunt down an xj d44 tommorrow....

anyone got any leads? i dont really like the idea of spending the entire day tommorrow in either a junkyard, or on the freeways... obviously if someone's got a lead on one, it would save a lot of time!

im looking for a junkyard axle, not a $350 axle... not trying to pay someone to pull it for me, i have my own sawzall!

thanks in advance!

thats why i cut the u-bolts! (ubolts arent spring steel, right?).
ive done it before, on 1 blade, and 1 battery too! love my dewalt stuff.
i will admit, cutting the shocks off at the body helps to lube the blades.

haha xcm i thought i was the only one who hacked into the side of the shock first so the saw will cut all 4 ubolts quick enough to have some battery left over if i see some other goodies i want. :D sure makes em easy to pull, especially on a spring over rig like an XJ. I can have an axle out and on the dolly in 15 mins by myself.

no joy today, and god damn was it hot out!
we hitup the ontario and rialto yards, the rialto yard has a LOT of heavy truck axles, im pretty sure i saw a leaf sprung d44(or 60? dunno, it was HOT) out of a 77 ford, also ran into a radius arm d44... it seems thats what that yard specializes in.

the ontario yard off milliken was dry, very few cherokee's and zero mj's.

The ecology yard over in wilmington usually has a few XJs, but the d44s are getting a little harder to come by these days. shoot me a text if you want to run over there tomorrow and i'll see if I can come give you a hand. I need to look for a couple things for Big Purp anyway.

big purp? is your new xj purple?!? i hope the cool dark purple, and not the gay light purple!

the plan was to do this one on a super low budget, we were thinking if we couldnt find a d44, just to pickup a 8.25 on a sale weekend and call it a day. im actually gonna re-use some stock spring perches left over from a buddies d44 build. everything the prior built d44's got, this wont! so it gets the scraps!

it may have to wait till another sale weekend, i just ordered a radiator for the mj (it didnt like the heat either.) that combined with a trip to kartek, means budget is near blown! =) damn you kartek!

thanks for the offer though mike!

Big Purp is my DD, a saturn SL2 with roadrace suspension :D can you take the radiator back? i can probably save you a few bux.

it was one from genesis auto, all aluminum, etc. it's worth the extra hastle i think, but thanks. does napa stock good radiators for the 4.0?

...i thought your saturn got stolen?!?

good news is... we found our d44 this mornin! sitting at wilmington ecology! i love that yard, ive found 3 out of the 4 d44's ive pulled at that yard alone!

i wouldve hit you up, but i didnt know i was going till 7am this morning.
its all good, i got it pulled in half an hour, and thats saving the e-brake lines!

win win!

I get radiators from somewhere other than napa, cheap. they are chinese but good chinese, lol. and they have a lifetime warranty.

I got the saturn back 2 weeks ago.

Back