• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can i get a ds measurement for 01 w/ re ht and d44

roxj

NAXJA Forum User
im doing my hack n tap next week and want to get my drive shaft done before hand so i have minimal down time. i have an 01 4 door auto 231 with a dana 44 rear. ill be useing the re hack n tap and wanted to get the length of someones shaft with that same set up.

tia

trey

The length changes as you go higher in lift. So my 01 with say 8 inches of lift would not be a good measurement for you to use unless you had 8 inches of lift. And my pinion may not be in the same place as yours due to me having a different pinion angle either by shim size, welded my spring perches at a different angle or just running an angle lower than normal to account for wrap.
The only way to get a good measurement for your jeep is to set it on its wheels and measure yoke center to yoke center.

that's entirely true.

If I can scrounge up a tape measure and the motivation after work I can get you measurements from my 99 XJ with a RE 5.5" lift and a 87 XJ d44 that has just been fresly swapped in though. Let me know what lift size you are running.

doh, forgot about this thread. i'll try and get some measurements off of my 99 XJ. I got hit with a cold so I feel like crap, but i'll try man :)

Back