• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NIGHT run (palm springs)

scottmcneal

NAXJA Forum User
So i am thinking about doing a NIGHT run sat...Right now as i type this it is 103, yep it is 9:45 am... Now it is going to be HOT this weekend so we can only do a night run..I know alot of folks have a over heating problem with there jeeps, so if this is your jeep, you don't want to do this run..I'll be running my doors so i can use my AC..We may get a breeze after the sun goes down, this is a MAYBE...Bring lots of water and or drinks, but plan on it being hot..Clear sky, means lot of stars for the kids to look at..This is a family type of run...
Post up if you can make it..If you want to know where to meet PM me and i'll get you the addy...:party:
Have a great day and drink lots of water...:party:

Sounds like fun, I know next Friday 23rd,Grandrunner and I were headed to Truckhaven, night run, there has been about six others. Where in palm springs would we be wheeling or is it kinda hush, right now?

In my backyard..We will be running off of Sky Ridge road..Go to the end of this street and you'll see the area..At the end of the road, top of the hill turn right..Look down into the valley..I'll be posting a meeting area after i find out how many people are coming..

Didn't you come to the meet and greet a few months ago?

Sure was, but I was a stocker back then, now I have two new Hella lights, and that's about it..jk. We had a blast. I'd love to do it again now that I''ve gotten familar with my Heep.

I want to start at 8PM..July17 2010.. It is still going to be hot out, but i pray the wind will pick up..I'll post up the addy now so you all know where to go..
23270 berry road Or you can go to the end of Sky Ridge rd(desert hot springs), all the way to the end and turn right to see the flat area..

We will run chan 5 on the CB

My electric fan died on me (more like my cheap bypass switch wiring did) so my XJ overheats pretty quickly otherwise I'd be there. Hopefully soon I'll be able to start putting more money into the thing so I can make it out wheeling more often.

Darky, I just wired my fan so that it's always on. Fixed all my heating issues lol. Just run the dang thing into a hot and forget it.

Grand, the run does sound fun! My only concern is that I have to be up somewhat early Sunday, but I've gone with little sleep before hahahaha.

Darky, I just wired my fan so that it's always on. Fixed all my heating issues lol. Just run the dang thing into a hot and forget it.

Grand, the run does sound fun! My only concern is that I have to be up somewhat early Sunday, but I've gone with little sleep before hahahaha.

this is what,hour drive to my place? So we can run for 2 hours then take you out to the hwy to get you home by 11.. Does this work for you?

No problem..This is a nice little area thats fun to play in..You can take it easy or take the harder road..Just short little legs off the main trail..You will be able to check out the flex on your rig thats for sure..A stocker can make these trails too..

Went out last night to see how my jeep works now..After installing the new bushing..HOLY crap, it is soft out there, we had to use 4 wheel in places we didn't before..Today i need to drop my tires down to help in the soft area's..I have air at the house so we can re-air before you hit the road..Had a GOOD breeze last night, so that made it real nice..
Bring your drink and lets have fun..

Check out our temps, 110 with no breeze..It is only going to be 115 they say..When the sun goes down we get a nice breeze out here and the temp drops to 100..Bring water if you still plan on going..Let me know if it is to hot for you guys..

I have to go to stupid birthday party, have to wear big boy pants and everything, might have to shave too, I'll catch you guys next time. Remember, Friday 23rd Truckhaven, there for sure.

OK..No biggie, it is hot out...Maybe i can get the wife to go to IN N OUT for dinner..HMMMMMMMMMM..Wash run to dinner, got to love the washes...

We went, but thats all..We love to go out but it is hard to get folks out when it is hot...It was a nice night for a run..But it was muggy(spell check needed) out.. When paul get his parts in, we can put mine back together..LOL..

Back